Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Capture VDJ Video Output in Flash

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

is it technically possible to send the video output from VDJ to Adobe Flash?

It's not as daft as it seems.

I have another video application (uses flash as it's output) running and it would be great to be able to capture the VDJ video output and place it in the flash.

A bit like Picture in Picture.

This way I could have the flash out mixed in with the video from VDJ.

Another way would be to have a "dummy video" capture device that grabs VDJ's output and then feed this to the flash as i already have a camera operation in the flash output, and then simply choose the "dummy video" driver.

Sorry for my ramblings, but I'm sure someone will make sense of what I am trying to achieve. lol

Thanks

geposted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 5:44 am
OK,

found a little workround and that is to extend the 1st application's output to my secondary extended desktop and then do the same for VDJ, which allows you to place the VDJ output over the top of the first. Exactly what I am trying to achieve.

Now all I need to do is find a way of hiding/turning off the window logos and menus that appear on the VDJ window output.

Does anyoone kow how to do this?

Many thanks

geposted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 7:12 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
surprised you forgot how i showed you how to do it in another application.

geposted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 5:25 am
I guess what I am asking is:

is it possible to export VDJ video using a fake DirectShow device so that you can use it in other applications.

Thanks

geposted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 9:33 am
well I guess that's a no then.

geposted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 7:00 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Inbuilt support? No. VDJ doesn't render to Directshow; it renders to a Direct3D device.

It's entirely possible that someone could write a plugin that could render the DirectX texture that is passed to it back out, but it would be a lot of work and a fairly niche plugin IMHO.

geposted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 10:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)