Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ram

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i have a macbook, one of those white ones and it has 2gb of ram. Now if i want to upgrade it to 4gb will i need to buy 2x2gb or 1x2gb?

geposted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 4:11 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which generation macbook do you hold? The first one which is released in 2006 could only hold to 2 gb max. Depend on your generation, it is said that later macbook (2nd generation onwards) could hold up to 4 gb. and it will be better to have it 2 x 2gb.

Regards;)

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 5:43 am
Hi Mate,

i bought it 3 months ago so I would of said it was the 2nd

Spec is:

160GB HD
2Gb Ram
2.1Ghz
Snow Leopard

Just want to know what memory to buy without taking it to bits, do i have 2x1gb unstalled or 1x2gb installed?

Suppose I could just buy 1x2gb and if i need another buy it later.

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 8:43 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi personally I would just go with the 2x2gb. No special reason to it, just that it be better to have both ram install at the same time even tho there no reason why you can't install only one. But again this is my preferences and I always do that on my macs and PCs. Morever ram are cheap now day than before;).

Are your ram ddr2 or ddr3 for the second generation? If yours is ddr2, then it is recommended take both;)

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 9:35 am
I buy 1x2gb first n take it to bits hopefully it'll have 1x2gb in one side already as a-posed to 2x1gb

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 11:27 am

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 12:00 pm
Cheers Rich,

It told me i had 2gb but i already new that, it didn't tell me how that was configured i.e. 2xgb or 1x2gb

Doesn't matter I'll just buy 1x2gb

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 5:49 pm
oh ok, another way to find out is by clicking on apple menu>about this mac>more info>hardware then click on memory. i suspect you have the 2x1gb sims, as it would have probably been cheaper for apple to ship 2x1gb rather than 1x2gb.
Rich

geposted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 6:29 am
Yes, unfortunately you were right.

Thanks

geposted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 4:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)