Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio files only load a few seconds in VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I bought my Hercules MK2 controller (VDJ version) about 2 years ago. It has never worked well. I decided to give it a try today again, I updated all the drivers and reinstalled VDJ. The controller does not work at all (no response from controller despite updated drivers) so I thought I'd try to just use the VDJ software, but when I drag songs onto the platters, only about a second of audio loads with a partial waveform.

I have restarted several times and used many audio files to test and the problem still happens.

If anyone has any idea, please help. I have never been so frustrated by a product ever (not VDJ, but the Hercules MK2, which I do not think is a very good product).

thank you

geposted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 3:47 pm
did you try go to options in vdj and change to max load.also make sure(if ts windows os) you choose mp3 as your decoder.hope this helps.just noticed in in mac forum lol set your decoder to quicktime decoder in codecs

geposted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 4:36 pm
mochilab,

1) Please precise you complete configuration settings, being the only user who sees your computer, if you don't give details on your computer configuration, we cannot guess it and help you. We need to know:
- your computer (give complete details, for example MacBook 5.1)
- your operating system (give complete details, for exemple Mac OS 10.5.5)
- your detailed version of DJ Console Mk2 drivers (you have an About tab in DJ Console Mk2 panel, so precise the version of firmware, Server and DJ Api, for example Firmware 1.3.15.6, Server )
- your complete version of VirtualDJ - You get it in VirtualDJ info tab, for example Virtual DJ version 4.3.r13-DJConsole

2) If you have never been so frustrated with a product, but it take you 2 years to post a message on a technical forum, I think you are the first person responsible for your problem. Prior to considering the DJ controller or the software as bad, you should:
a) ask for help,
b) describe with details your problem, and symptoms.
Owners of DJ Console Mk2 finding it not as bad as you think are numerous, so waiting 2 years to solve a real problem which may be corrected just in changing a software setting is a mistake, you should have already contacted
- Hercules tech support (http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=email)
- or Hercules forum (http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/)

geposted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 5:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)