Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 10

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Thanks beatbraker1 can you tell me how I apply the script to make a button I choose on the vms4 to be mapped sorry but I've not mapped with this unit and might need a bit of a step by step guide on how to map this ;)

geposted Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 10:06 am
Thanks I will have a go at that I just have workout what button I will use to remap;)

geposted Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 10:46 am
You can use an already assigned button by adding script so if it is pressed with the shift button or pressed for a certain time it takes effect.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 1:24 pm
GSLGSLPRO InfinityMember since 2007
To "The wicked".

I remapped the Pitch bend - & + buttons.
The - button resets the pitch to zero and the + button locks the pitch of both decks together.
As I only use the jogwheel for pitch bending, I can use the pitch bend buttons for other tasks.
This is the beauty of MIDI, as we can map all the buttons and sliders as we like.

//GSL

geposted Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 4:23 pm
OK guys - Simon from AA in the UK has now paid me a visit.

He's taken note of the issues that I demonstrated to him, and will be reporting them
to the appropriate people - he'll then get back to me with answers and hopefully solutions.

He brought a brand new replacement VMS4 with him, to swap out with mine.

We plugged it in and discovered that the mic input channels were swapped!

Mic input 1 went to mic channel 2 and vice versa.

So that went back in the box! It will be my replacement unit though, at some point.

geposted Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 7:22 am
They have investigated the mic distortion and it seems a hardware change will be needed, so my advice is to wait for the updated unit if you are going to use the mic inputs. How this got past testing is anyone's guess. The build quality on the one I had was dreadful. I've preordeted the Denon MC-6000 which should be infinitely better but far more expensive!

geposted Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 8:55 am
@GroovinDJ - I'm seeing Simon next week. Would appreciate an inbox message to know what you discussed and what Simons take on it was. Rather than me duplicating all the issues with him when I see him.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 8:59 am
I know this isn't a VDJ problem, but I might get a answer here.

I was using the booth volume last night and it seemed very low initially compared to the master output.

Anyone else had the same problem ?

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 4:53 am
Well the booth out is only a line out, so it depends what's at the other end. My 40W Skytec monitors sound great on the booth.

What are you using?

Roy

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 6:05 am
Well the booth out is only a line out, so it depends what's at the other end. My 40W Skytec monitors sound great on the booth.

What are you using?

Roy

Into a seperate amp.

I got the levels sorted out in the end but it was like the booth volume was affected by the master volume. Should it not be independant ?

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 7:56 am
I'll double check and get back to ya on that one.

Roy

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 9:23 am
On any mixer i've ever used the booth is indepent of the master. On my mixer i have a booth, master and tape. The master effects the tape but the booth is indepent. Just my 2cents, lol.

Huey

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 9:29 am
The booth output should be independent IMO

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 9:55 am
Hmmm..........unless your booth out works like a tape out. Does it have its own volume knob? There should be 1 for the master and 1 for the booth both indepent of each other.

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 11:11 am
I noticed when using the VMS4 in the club that the booth output was affected by the master volume.

When using the A&H Xone62 the booth monitor volume is independent.

geposted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 12:52 pm
I noticed when using the VMS4 in the club that the booth output was affected by the master volume.

When using the A&H Xone62 the booth monitor volume is independent.

Oh well at least it isn't a fault. Now I know I can cope with it. Could it be sorted in a firmware fix I wonder ?

geposted Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 3:20 am
Booth output seems OK here.

I just tried connecting the booth output to my powered speakers and then adjusting the master output.

Booth level doesn't change.

Mind you, this was with nothing connected to the master XLRs or the master RCAs.

geposted Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 5:16 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Pretty impressed with this unit now.
I am going to try my Shure mic settings tonight, I think its set up too hot.

But, once set up its quite a nice unit.

geposted Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 6:58 am
Booth output seems OK here.

I just tried connecting the booth output to my powered speakers and then adjusting the master output.

Booth level doesn't change.

Mind you, this was with nothing connected to the master XLRs or the master RCAs.

I need to try it again to be sure. I won't get a chance until next week. If the master dosn't affect the booth output then it would seem mine has a low output compared to the master. I can deal with it by playing about with amp settings and balancing the master and channel ouputs. Not too much of a problem anyway.

geposted Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 7:59 am
When you say "master output", are you referring to the XLRs or RCAs?

Elliot Marx said in one of his recent posts on the AA forum that the XLR outs are louder than the RCAs, and that's
as I would expect it too.

geposted Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 8:37 am
29%