Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 16

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 1:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There are no changes in that definition/mapper package - it is the default mappings.

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 2:54 pm
Is there something wrong with me that now I'm thinking of returning the VMS4 and picking this up...?

http://www.musictrends.com/remix-case-combo-p-13288.html

Will I able to somehow control more than 2 decks with that when VDJ7 is released?

Just need an upgrade from Numark TotalControl that can be used with multiple decks on VDJ7.

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 3:52 pm
Here is a sample of the hum I hear when I put the channels to analog. I dont get any hum in USB, its nice and quite but as soon as I turn them to analog I get the hum, the more channels I more to analog the louder it gets. Does anybody else get this hum in analog?

http://www.4shared.com/audio/NFlfesIB/ALE-0003.html

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 5:01 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
Is there something wrong with me that now I'm thinking of returning the VMS4 and picking this up...?

http://www.musictrends.com/remix-case-combo-p-13288.html

Will I able to somehow control more than 2 decks with that when VDJ7 is released?

Just need an upgrade from Numark TotalControl that can be used with multiple decks on VDJ7.

I had an RMX and that thing never gave me a problem. I think its perfect for VDJ
I only got rid of it because I switch to windows 7 64bit and at the time I switched Hercules didn't have drivers for windows 7 64 bit.

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 5:09 pm
Can cstoll let us know if we can toggle between decks on a controller like the RMX or TotalControl? Or at least be able to control a third or fourth deck?

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 7:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are asking about the next version release - Yes, I will be updating the mapper to support the additional decks that will be possible with version 7.

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 10:10 pm
@Koz, I imgine you could. Think about it, you only need 1 timecode to run 2 decks..................and as far as that remix thing goes its only a 2channel soundcard so wouldnt you need to run your other 2 channels else where? I've never used a controller, YET, but I dont see how 2 channels could ever be better then 4. With 2 no PFL for samples or loops. With 3 or more you could rock an instrumental, a accapelle and still be able to scratch or them both AND blend in a 4th track!!

Just my 2 cents, lol
Huey

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 10:15 pm
Cstoll, thanks for the answer.

Beatbreaker, you are right. Only way for it to work, using the TotalControl, RMX or any other 2 channel midi controller, would be to connect my DJ io as well.

I just need to see how my 1st gig goes this weekend with the VMS4 and pray that I don't have any problems.

Also, praying that the bugs are fixed and waiting very very anxiously for VDJ7.

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 10:29 pm
Not the Total Control. Would probably need 2 DJ io's.

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 10:56 pm
Just like any other gig, make sure ou set it all up at home first and bring a backup to the gig. Im sure it'll go great! Have faith in the DJ gods, lol!!

Huey

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 11:37 pm
Thanks beatbreaker.

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 11:43 pm

geposted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 3:42 am
Ok. I want to be absolutely ready for this weekend with the VMS4.

What are the current correct settings? On hardware and software?

It seems there are 2 options for sound card the way I have it... VMS4 and ASIO.

Very nervous even though I have played around with it and only issue I see right now is the mic distortion.

I have newest driver and original firmware.

geposted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 10:47 am
Funny thing is that I see everybody complaining about the mic distortion and I don't have any problems with the mic.

geposted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 4:09 pm
Try it in a large club with a powerful system. It's dreadful!

geposted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 4:11 pm
MAGAGAR80 wrote :
Funny thing is that I see everybody complaining about the mic distortion and I don't have any problems with the mic.

What mic ae you using?

geposted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 4:25 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Try it in a large club with a powerful system. It's dreadful!

Well there's your problem!

The VMS4 is aimed at mobile DJs.

Look at the price point for starters. Do you really expect to get a club quality four channel mixer and two USB deck controllers for £400? The product you should be looking at is the Xone:DX, which is more than twice the price!

I think that for its intended market, the VMS4 serves its purpose well.

OK, it has its limitations and quirks - but a lot of that is down to it running from only 5v.

You can't expect sports car performance from a runabout. :-)

geposted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 5:25 am
I agree but the mic quality is unworkable in my opinion, not just budget quality.

geposted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 7:46 am
So can anyone help me on the settings?

geposted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 9:58 am
46%