Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help needed with sampler

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i have just gotten the free home edition VDJ about a month ago after using the pro trial 4 one thing there is no diffrence. but that isnt what i really care about.
ive been going through sampler and although i like the songs (or whatever you call them if someone can tell me that would be very helpful) but i would like to record some more samplers to use when i dj i havnt been able to find any actual sampler packs or something so could anyone tell me where some good places are to find some or some good songs they have used in the past to create samplers?
thank you very much :) -DJ Crash

geposted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 9:13 am
Hey everyone i'm kinda new to this and i would like to know how to record my own sample effects

geposted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 5:11 pm
im not to sure about the home addition... but with pro you can use any wav or mp3 file in the sampler, I guess it will be the same with the home edition... to change samples you just need to click the bulls eye in the sampler and select load sample... to record a sample, you will just need a mic and an audio editing DAW eg. Adobe Audition, wavelab, Audacity
Good luck

geposted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 5:29 am
I use the "sampler" to play production elements (or as they were known in the "old days'- Jingles) on my internet radio show.

basically, you use an editor (Sony Acid is what i use) and a record app to create the sample file.

I have VDJ 5 Home and the sampler folder default is a Sampler Folder inside the Virtual DJ folder (Not the one under Programs!).

Simply drop the file into that folder, then select Sampler in the lower half of the VDJ interface.

Click on the white dot next to any sample player (there are 12 of VDJ 5) to open a configure window.

Select "Load", then select the file that you want to associate with that player. You can point to any folder on your computer or networked drive(s).

Now you can select the "sample" by clicking on the narrow button next to the Sample play button next to either turntable!

I hope that this helps!

geposted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 10:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)