Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: scratching with Virtual DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have to admit the scratching with Virtual DJ is the most advanced I have ever used. It is so realistic that it sounds like real vinyl.

I tend to get good results when using a logitech optical mouse and move it over the spinning record.

However, scratching with a rack mount controller is not as smooth as with the mouse.

Does anyone use any other device like track ball? touch screen, touch pad, etc? What are your results? I am currently using a DAC-2 controller. The controller support is what sold me. I wish the scratching would work better with the jog wheel on the controller.

I feel that DJ'ing with a mouse is so UN-PROFESSIONAL. I have thousands of dollars worh of equipment around me (mixers, amplifers, wireless mics, etc) and yet -- I am reduced to using a $14 computer mouse.

The rack mount equipment not only works better for me but demands respect from my clients. when they see my DJ rig, they are amazed that the PC is integrated with traditional DJ equipment. This is why I am so attached to using a rack mount controller. I grew up on using this type of equipment with my first Denon 2000F CD deck!

I hope that Virtual DJ Support adds more functionality and control over the program to the rack mount controllers

WirelessDJ

geposted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 10:54 pm
I found that by using my mouse inner wheel if the cursor is placed over the record, that you can scratch

IDEA: rip apart a mouse and make a turntable out of the wheel??

geposted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 11:07 pm
tretreHome userMember since 2003
theres already such hardware on the market.. ;) think they posted here too.. but got it closed.. .. competition feelings perhaps? well there are such already and they work very well as far as ive heard.

geposted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 11:16 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Congratulations, you have just re-invented the weel! :)
Do a search on the forums. Digitaze also had this idea and developed a touch activated device ready for the market. However, he didn't use scroll wheel, but the sensor of the mouse, its ALOT more precise.
I did the same thing on my own, but my stuff is alot more in the Junkyard Wars spirit :) It is not made out of an optical mouse, but a good old no name ball mouse made in taiwan, and is incased in an old power supply box from an old AT case.

There are a few other exaples of people doing it them selves. But the real thing would be, as you sayd, to use a tt for this. Yet, I don't know anyone who would sacrafise his (or hers :) 1210 just to play around with VDJ :)
However, this would be the ultimat thing with virtual DJing, using a powerfull program like VDJ and a turntable as a controller.

geposted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 11:25 pm
tretreHome userMember since 2003

geposted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 5:20 am
I love Junkyard Wars! That is my favorite show

geposted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 4:33 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
The DMC or DAC controllers are not very good at scratching, that's why we decided to rather promote and sell the XP10 (see product page), which is very very good at scratching (with a tactile wheel like a CDJ1000).

Of course, VirtualDJ can use use both at the same time, so you can use a DMC1 mounted into your rack for display and buttons, and a XP10 on the table to make the scratches.
(you can even add a midi keyboard beside for your own shortcuts for loops and remixes)

geposted Mon 25 Aug 03 @ 2:33 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I like this flexibility !

geposted Mon 25 Aug 03 @ 4:27 pm
Virtual DJ Development team. We appreciate you adding support for MIDI and wired controllers like DAC-2 and DMC-1 with upgrade chip.

But please don't "cripple" the rack mount controllers by limiting the functionality. This would not be a good idea and would turn customers away.

The features that are configurable for MIDI should be configurable for the rack mount controllers. I for one would like to use the sliders to control the levels of each deck. I also would like to be able to navigate through the recordcase with the controller. Maybe another DJ would configure it differently. I am sure there are others out there that feel the same way.

Does anyone else feel this way?
WirelessDJ

geposted Mon 25 Aug 03 @ 7:49 pm

geposted Tue 26 Aug 03 @ 2:13 am
I ALSO AGREE BECAUSE I HAVE GROWN ACUSTOM TO MY DMC-2 AND WOULD LIKE THE FUNCTIONS TO WORK ALSO

i BELEAVE THAT THE SCRATCH ON THE JOG WHEEL WILL WORK BETTER IF THE USR HAD CONTROL OF THE SENSTITITY OF THE WHEEL AND THE PITCH BLEND BUTTONS ON THE CONTROLER

DJCHICAGO.NET

geposted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 12:39 am
Please turn caps lock off when posting.

geposted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 12:59 am
Ouch! My Eye's!!! ;)

geposted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 8:27 am
"if you build it, they will come"

VirtualDJ support,

If you work out the bugs and add more functionality to the rack mount controllers, THEY WILL COME.

geposted Sat 30 Aug 03 @ 3:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)