Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Annoying TCV Noise

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have just built a brand new system consisting of

Antec Overture II Case
2 x 1gb 4200 ddr ram @ 533mhz
36gb wd raptor hdd @ 10,000rpm
200gb sata hdd 8mb cache @ 7,200rpm
Intel 865PSN Mainboard
Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 800fsb, 2mb cache, e64
Maya 44 USB Sound Card.
2 x Technics 1200's MK2s
Pioneer DJM 600

Software.
Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Maya44 USB Drivers
Virtual DJ 3.0 Trial.

Well I just finished building my dedicated system. Waiting on money to buy a full version but as I am having this problem now, questioning if I will still have the problem when i get full version. I can hear the time code sound underneath all the music, is this normal? Everything is connected properly, but im not sure if I need to plug the earth of one of the TT's to the mixer... ? I did anyway but this didn't change anything. Can anyone help to explain why im getting this sound? I can't mute the input otherwise you would'nt be able to use the TCV's at all ?

geposted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 4:35 pm
Could it be the timecoded signal? You can slightly hear it from the needles. Do you hear the noise no matter how high the volume is?

geposted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 6:53 pm
leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
there is a volume level and a record level, you need to mute the volume level... i think????

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:05 am
umm well i know the records would make the the signal. You can hear it more and more as u increase the volume.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 12:36 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Congrats in your new PC, but I think the motherboard is a 945PSN and not 865. It a very good system. About the noise, is normal that you can listen the noise IN THE NIDLES, not in your output sound of your Sound Card. In some configurations you miss the ground signal in your devices, some put a ground isolator for that, but it maybe also your configuration. Make an effort and buy VDJ, think that its a memory upgrade... it's only $129, and you will have many less problems.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 12:45 pm
I'm not really an expert. Try ground between your TT's and your computer. Seen discussion about grounding on the forum. Seems hard to think that a hardware related issue has something to do whether you use a Trial or purchased version of VDJ... :/

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 3:20 pm

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 10:13 pm
bet it has something to do with the ground wires... my friend had a similar problem, double check all of them

geposted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 6:06 am
I think definately the grounds. You need to attach the ground wires from the Turntables to the PC casing (not the mixer's).

I was thinking of modding one of those PCI blanking plates, drill a couple of holes and put a bolt, 2 washers and a nut on, should give an effective ground.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 3:07 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I don't have the ground connected at all and my TCVs are working with 100% signal.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 6:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)