Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Dubstep Mix - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

geposted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 10:11 pm
I applaud you for mixing dubstep as it is a very diffucult genre to mix. With dubstep you basically have to find the perfect next song to mix if you want a great mix.

As for your mix i would suggest working on your transitions from one track to the next and making them longer.

Try not to overlap voices ethier, it's like a dj's unspoken rule hah unless you have the other voice echoing out in the background.

I also suggest mixing in key some research would be in order if you don't knoe what that is yet. Songs that have same key or close keys are more likely to sound better together than other songs.

other than that keep practicing youtube is an overflow of tutorials and what not at your learning disposale.

heres my soundcloud if you like to experience it :) follow if youd like more, everything i post is free .

http://soundcloud.com/larehab

geposted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 12:41 am
alright thanks
what program did you use to make your mixes?

geposted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 1:50 pm
DJ-XRSHome userMember since 2011
Yeah, definitely try not to overlap voices, unless you can have them compliment each other (usually off a loop or fade out). What I have found helpful in my Dubstep mixes (I'm by no means a professional but think I do ok) is to "ramp up" the beats to a climax point. Usually if you can find when the next song kicks in, you can count it backwards and then find a starting point within the first song. It's all about marrying the beats so that it seems to flow as one strand. Try not to have it simply fade into nothingness while the other fades in.

Keep working at it; it took me a while to get a hang of it. Also invest in some good headphones. I prefer the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's. $200 but they really help in music separation and isolation.

I have a few Dubstep mixes here http://www.mixcloud.com/chris-yakubovsky/?order=popular Feel free to check them out, and let me know what you think.

Best of luck!

Chris

geposted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 12:37 pm
whats the name of the last track on that mix?? i like it

geposted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 12:42 pm
I use virtual Dj :) haha

geposted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 7:04 pm
alright thanks :)
well im currently using to numark mixtrack pro to mix in vdj
oh haha i thought you were using ableton live >.<
how do you guys change the same bassline to sound different in your mixes?
i dont got enough money for good headphones but i got some klipsch speakers with subwoofer

geposted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 5:46 pm
keoshan name of last track?

geposted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 11:56 pm
the name of the last last song is
Cruel (SKisM Remix)
artist : pyramid ft julie thompson

geposted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 8:21 am

geposted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 6:18 pm
keoshan24. thanks for the response i actually googled the lyrics and found the track anyways. i enjoyed your mix. i just started a week ago myself check out my mix http://soundcloud.com/nosok/nosok-dubstep-mix i used that skism track. bet you'll find a couple in there you will enjoy as well, let me know what you think. and hollar if you want to know any of the tracks.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 10:20 pm
welcome dawg
ill listen to it when i got time
haha all of skisms remixs be getting down

geposted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 11:24 am
agreed on skism keoshan

geposted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 12:25 am
prezmek nice mix dawg
yeahh
his other remix dazed and confused is good too

geposted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 4:50 pm
keosan,
no love/hate on my mix yet?? shady business ha. and yeah that dazed and confused is the other skism track i have on my ipod, definitely nasty. i'm piecing together a new dubstep mix together that i'll hopefully record tonight. you been working on anything new? are you using the original interface or did you download one with eq faders?? i'm self teaching myself a bit on looping to some success hoping that it works out

geposted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 9:07 pm
my bad dawg >.< ill listen to it ina bit .
uhh i havent been working on mixes lately i might make one today or tomorrow
i dont know what interface im currently using its been a while >.<
you should checkout liquids strangers latest album

geposted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 9:25 pm
Nosok:
sounds pretty good dawg
but i can see when they say dont just let the music fade into nothing
how do you do your transitions dawg there smooth

geposted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 8:46 am
keosan,

thanks for the listen man. i'm about to record another mix here shortly hoping it goes better than the previous. http://www.youtube.com/user/DjRavine#p/u/4/2Ulp6eGu2Uw i watched that video and downloaded the same interface that he is using which is linked in the description of the video, it helped a lot. i don't do exactly what he does but just took what he is doing and adjusted it to what i thought sounded best but having the bass eq fade is very helpful in making the transitions sound smooth(i rarely slide the main crossfade and you will see how i can do this if you watch the video). tips on your mix i dont know if you tried mixing the songs before you recorded the whole thing thru but sometimes it seemed some of your songs didnt blend that well(i had the same thing occurring in my mix as well) for this next mix i'm making i'm prerecording the transitions im making from song to song to see if they mash well. let me know if you start working on looping i self taught myself pretty decent yesterday. if you listened to that mix i know you found a track or two you liked, hit me up if you need any names of them. where you from in the US?

geposted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 10:18 am
if you do watch that video keosan let me know and i'll let you know some of the usual adjustments i have been rocking.

geposted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 10:21 am
liquid stranger was just out here in denver a couple weeks ago with ed rush and optical my buddies were at the show. mad i missed it. you listen to dnb then as well keosan???

geposted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 10:25 am
59%