Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Recording samples without the background music

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

diax87LE userMember since 2011
Hello everyone. I have just started DJing, and I have a few mixes planned out to put up on youtube. I am having trouble recording samples however. I am aware of how to record A sample, but I am trying to record a lyrics sample WITHOUT the background music.

Foe example, I am trying to record "She lick me like a lollipop", but I can't seem to do this without the beeping music in the background.
Would someone have any idea as to fix this, or even just turn down the music without turning down the volume on the lyrics?

Thanks in advance.

geposted Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 8:35 pm
Well, that's about impossible to do 'on the fly', that being in the mix with the music playing and everything.
I suppose you are using mp3s. These only store sound, not beats, vocals and hooks separately. So you can't turn down the volume of the beats (aka 'music'), without turning the vocals down too.

There are 2 options for you:
1. you can record your song in VDJ with an effect or a filter for vocals, or use another program to filter the vocals out of the sound. (not recommended)
This is not recommended because no filter is perfect, so you will still got fragments of the music in your vocals, and a poor quality of sound.

2. search for the vocals (aka acapella) of that song online, and cut out the bits you need (or record into samples). The main site for acapella is this:
http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/

geposted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 8:27 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)