Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: its coming along

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I started VirtualDJ round about jan 2011 and didnt have a clue how to mix at all.

I had no music either, as all the old music i had was on vinyl, and i no longer have a record deck. But i do love house music and wanted to see if i could rediscover the old house classics from yesteryear.
So i searched the web and discovered there are literally thousands if not more excellent edits of old tracks, not all house, some disco some acid some early electronic, but all equally brilliant. The guys that are pumping out these edits and new remixes are somewhat musical legends in their own right and are now music producers that was once on the scene dj's, and also busy working dj's that have "polished" an old track.

Well i have improved, not to say im perfect by a long shot but the software is cool and easy to get used too, after a while, and once you master it you can really remix some cool sets, and with some very encouraging words from some remarkable dj's it kinda makes it worthwhile :)

I upload to www.soundcloud.com to showcase my remixes, so checkout my journey and enjoy...feel free to download the mixes.
currently working on "cedar sessions 1-5" 1-3 available now!! oh and if you do listen in, please leave a feedback. Thank you.

http://soundcloud.com/fozzfox/tracks

geposted Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 4:09 pm
Dec 2011, Check out my progress on http://soundcloud.com/fozzfox/tracks

One year on....

I have been mixing with VDJ and Apple Mac Imac, which has been solid as you would imagine from Apple. Im hoping to upgrade hardware to external mixer, yep its all been mouse so far! software solid too, thanks VDJ!

Please post responses and or comments regarding mixing, styles, and look forward to words of wisdom.

Loving the music and online support and community

one more....

geposted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 2:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)