Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping to Keyboard

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I have recently downloaded the free version of Virtual DJ and it seems quite impressive.

Regarding mapping to the Keyboard, it appears I can only change the existing setup of keys / actions that are already mapped and any attempt to map new actions from the list doesn't appear to be actioned.

For example, I have managed to change the crossfader to the left and right arrow keys on my keyboard, but when I try to add an action to control the gains / eq's, the new action is added to the list of existing actions, but doesn't respond when using VDJ.

Is this a limitation due to me using the free version of VDJ? Or maybe I am attempting to do something that is not possible (controlling rotary with my keyboard)? More likely, it is operator error, although I am sure I am following the info in the manual.

I have tried using the manual way of interfacing with the skin as well as writing the script from the drop list.

Can someone please shed some light on this, as I said before, probably operator error, so I apologise if this is basic stuff.

Cheers

geposted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 5:16 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You need to step up to the VDJ-pro to have all the bell & Whistle.

geposted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 4:49 pm
Most likely you have typed your mapping actions wrong.

Home FREE does support keyboard mapping, but does not support MIDI controllers (Except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro.)

Knobs (E.g: EQ, FX parameters, etc.) can be controlled with keyboard mappings, e.g:

deck 1 eq_low -1
deck 1 eq_low +1

...etc.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20map%20a%20keyboard%20shortcut.html

geposted Thu 20 Oct 11 @ 5:04 am
I tried your solution and it does not seem to work

i also cleared all the mappings i though thier was some conflict with other keys so now i have just one key setup

q deck 1 eq_low -1

still does not work

using mac version

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 9:41 pm
These instructions worked great for me. Allowed me to map out my entire keyboard to control all my high, mids, lows, gains, headphones, effects, etc, to exactly where I want them. After playing with the key locations for a little while mixing music almost feels like typing. It's definitely and interesting feeling.

Thanks for the help.

geposted Fri 16 Nov 12 @ 9:44 pm
Quería saber se tem como eu comprar virtualdj original aqui no Brasil, pra ter licença de usúário, tenho a versão le, quería a full.

geposted Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 10:05 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

geposted Thu 22 Aug 13 @ 3:32 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)