Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Not Recognizing Akai MPD 26

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jhatziaHome userMember since 2011
Hey guys,

I've been spending the past couple days digging through the net to figure out if the Akai MPD 26 is compatible with VDJ but still cannot find a definite answer. I connect it via USB, go to my Preferences and scan for devices but it cannot find it. The MPD works just fine in Reason and Ableton and I installed the latest drivers.

Any suggestions as to what I can try or if it is even compatible with VDJ?

Thanks,

Jordan

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 4:12 pm
you should be able to use it in simple midi, straight away. In the mapper select "simple midi" at the top dropdown box that probably says "keyboard". then select new in the box below, hit the desired pad, map till your hearts content.

If you want to do it properly you will need to create a definition file so vdj can recognise it is plugged in and what to do with the incoming midi signals.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 4:55 pm
Thanks for the fast reply. I have been trying what you've suggested for the past few days and just followed your directions again but for whatever reason it still refuses to listen to the MIDI. I have noticed that when I slide one of the faders for example that the CPU meter goes up, so it does seem to input some data from the MPD.

I'm surprised that there's no topics already covering this, possibly someone has a Akai MPD 26 mapper somewhere out there?

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 5:03 pm
have you got any other programs open that are using the midi instead of vdj?

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 5:10 pm
Just closed out all other programs and restarted my Macbook, and still after following your steps via the Mapper tab in Preferences it still doesn't recognize the MPD..

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 5:38 pm
if your using LE it will only work with the controller it was packaged with, or if using home you may need to activate the pro trial. other than that, I don't know sorry, I have an mpd24 that works in simple midi no problem on windows though...

good luck

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 5:43 pm
I am running the free Home version downloaded off the App store. Thanks for the help though, I'll try and see if getting a trial of Pro changes the situation.

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 5:45 pm
Seems like there's no Midi Wrapper option in the Home edition. Are there any good sites out there to find mappers for controllers? I've seen that there is an Akai MPK49 mapper, possibly some MPD26 mappers lurk somewhere

geposted Sun 11 Dec 11 @ 1:28 pm
VirtualDJ Home FREE does not support using MIDI controllers (Except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full Pro.)

To use MIDI controllers you will need to purchase the full Pro:

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Then you can download mappers from:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/controllers.html

Or make your own:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20map%20my%20MIDI%20controller.html

Please note that 3rd party sharing of plugins is not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums. If you like VirtualDJ, please support it and its future development by purchasing it.

geposted Sun 11 Dec 11 @ 4:20 pm
@synthet1c. Do u need to be using the full version on the mac for you to be able to connect and use the mpd??
I want to do the same type of thing except use my mpk25's pads for samples in conjunction with my mixtrack pro.

geposted Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 1:31 pm
like the teamer said above, you need to activate the pro trial to test it, but you need the full version to use it. the MPK will work fine as will any midi controller. The only reason you would need to create a definition file is if you had leds or high resolution jogs on your controller, everything else can be done in simple midi. Although it would take a long time to perfect your mapping ten minutes at a time.

geposted Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 1:53 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)