Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixtrack Pro sample playback volume

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mullernPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have the mixtrack Pro and VDJ 7 Pro. I just got the Korg NanoPad 2 and mapped it to play my samples but when i do the sample comes blasting through my headphones, no matter how i turn the volume nob. It's as if the controller can't affect the volume of the samples. Any ideas?

geposted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 1:14 pm
unfortunately the sampler volume isn't linked to the master or even the deck volume... I suggest you use "mp3 gain" on all your samples to have them at the same level, then you can map your sample volume knob/slider to this if you want to change all the levels at the same time.

sample 1 volume & sample 2 volume & sample 3 volume & sample 4 volume & sample 5 volume & sample 6 volume & sample 7 volume & sample 8 volume & sample 9 volume & sample 10 volume & sample 11 volume & sample 12 volume

or you can map it like this if you just want to change the level of the selected sample on the skin
sample volume

Another cool thing you can do with drum pads is use the after touch function so you can change the volume with the pressure on the pads. for that map the pads as

pad 1
param_greater 0% ? sample 1 play & sample 1 volume : sample 1 stop

pad 2
param_greater 0% ? sample 2 play & sample 2 volume : sample 2 stop

etc...

It would also be a good idea to include a modifier so the volume is cut off at a specific level, that is done with "param_multiply 75%" eg. that will only reach 75% of the max volume if you hit it as hard as you can.

pad 1
param_greater 0% ? sample 1 play & param_multiply 75% & sample 1 volume : sample 1 stop

you may also need to change the pads messages from note on/off to CC in the korg editor.

If you want to use one shots for drumming you could use

pad 1
param_greater 0% ? sample 1 stop & sample 1 play & param_multiply 75% & sample 1 volume

actually that last one may not be that great, as you would want to set the level pressing down and have it remain when lifting off, I don't think that is possible unfortunately unless the pad sends both note on/off and CC values at the same time :(

geposted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 1:39 pm
zentairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same problem and the awnser above does not help. Samples come blasting out of my headphones at full volume, which is way too loud. 'Sample 1 volume' affects the output volume (master), not the headphone volume. So while I can use that to nicely mix loops from samples I still have to take of my headphone or suffer hearing damage. My headphones can go quite loud, something not uncommon for DJ headphones.

So my question is: how do you affect the sampler preview volume?

geposted Fri 03 Aug 12 @ 3:16 pm
ianthoLE userMember since 2013
I've just bought a new Numark MixTrack Quad which came with VirtualDJ v7.4 LE, and I'm suffering from this same problem. All samples come through the headphones at a very high volume, regardless of what the 'Cue Gain' or 'Master Gain' is set to. I can turn down the volume of an individual sample so it doesn't deafen me, but then it's too quiet against the other channels in the master mix. This problem was reported a long time ago but doesn't seem to be have been resolved. I would really appreciate some advice, otherwise the MixTrack Quad will be returned to the shop tomorrow and exchanged for something that works properly.

Best wishes,

Ian

geposted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 3:22 pm
zentairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I think the problem is in the VDJ software, not the controller. ANd yes, it has been a while and I'm kinda used to unplugging my headphone jack prior to starting a sample, but it's still anoying.

geposted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 4:00 pm
ianthoLE userMember since 2013
Thanks for the reply. I agree it's definitely a software issue, nothing to do with the controller. But at this stage, Virtual DJ seems to be the only package that officially supports this controller, and this is a big bug for me. I guess I could just take off my headphones before playing any samples, but that's not ideal! I really think they should just fix it! :-)

geposted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 5:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)