Quick Sign In:  

Forum: German Forum

Topic: Fragen zu GEMA und Rechtliches

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Fragen zu GEMA und Rechtliches
Hallo, zunächst einmal, ich für mein schlechtes Deutsch entschuldigen: Ich bin mit "Google Translate". Wenn Sie die ursprüngliche Nachricht in englischer Sprache lesen möchten ist es am Ende dieses Posts.
Ich komme aus Italien, und im März werde ich in Deutschland zu bewegen. Ich werde dort für ein paar Jahre. Meine Frau ist ein Forscher, und sie wird ihre Post-Doc in einem Ihrer fantastischen Labors zu machen. Ich bin ein Editor, also kann ich für einige italienische Unternehmen arbeiten, wo ich bin, brauche ich nur einen Internet-Zugang ... Ich bin wirklich auf die Idee, die in Ihrem Land aufgeregt, Deutsch lernen und neue Leute kennenlernen.
Nun die Fragen. In Italien habe ich zum Gig als vj von Zeit zu Zeit, es ist mehr ein Hobby als ein Werk, aber ich liebe es wirklich. Hier haben wir eine Menge von Regeln über DJing und VJing, so müssen Sie fleißig und kämpfen mit der Bürokratie, wenn Sie nicht riskieren will, etwas Illegales zu tun. Jetzt, wo ich in Deutschland kommen möchte ich (wenn möglich), um mit meinem Hobby weiter, und ich fragte, welche Regeln muss ich wissen müssen, welche Steuern zu zahlen, was Papier zu füllen ...
In meinen Gigs Ich mische meist Musik Videoclips (wie die, die Sie auf MTV sehen kann). Ich benutze auch mp3s und visuelle Effekte oder Fotos, und manchmal benutze ich Szenen aus Filmen.
Ist es möglich, durchführen Ich mag diese Show in Deutschland? Welche Berechtigungen muss ich fragen?
Danke an alle, die zu beantworten.

Questions about GEMA and legal stuff
Hi everyone, first of all, I apologize for my bad German: I'm using "Google translate". If you prefer to read the original message in English it is at the end of this post.
I'm from Italy, and in March I will move in Germany. I'll stay there for a couple of years. My wife is a researcher and she will make her post doc in one of your fantastic labs. I'm an editor, so I can work for some Italian company wherever I am, I just need an internet acces... I'm truly excited at the idea of being in your country, learn German and meet new people.
Now the questions. In Italy I use to gig as vj from time to time, it's more a hobby than a work, but I really love it. Here we have lots of rules about djing and vjing, so you have to study hard and fight with bureaucracy if you don't want to risk to do something illegal. Now that I'm coming in Germany I'd like (if possible) to continue with my hobby, and I was asking what rules do I need to know, what taxes to pay, what paper to fill...
In my gigs I mix mostly music videoclips (like the ones you can see on MTV). I also use mp3s and visual effects or photos, and sometimes I use scenes from movies.
Is it possible to perform I show like this in Germany? What kind of permissions do I have to ask?
Thanks to everyone who will answer.

geposted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 7:51 am
Ich sage es jetz mal auf Englisch ;-)

First of all where do you do your Gigs??
in Clubs or on the Internet at a kind of radio??

geposted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 10:49 am
Thank for the answer!
In Italy I do my gigs in clubs, and if it's not to difficult I'd like to do the same in Germany.

geposted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 3:36 am
Hey,

in German clubs are other rules..
The owner from the club have to pay
for every evening. The Gema is an organisation
that save the laws from the singer; bands; ...
You can`t get in trouble if you work as a dj in
a German club...

geposted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 4:38 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think the most important thing is, that your music is of legal source.
If you bought your music officially there should be no problem to perform in german clubs.
As mentioned before, the owner of a club has to pay the taxes for the GEMA depending on music style, amount and so on.
This should not be your business.

What you have to do is, but at this point I'm not quite sure if thats right, maybe other users could confirm or correct it, if you stay here for couple of years I think you have to have a work permit (google translator: permesso di lavoro).
Second thing, it would be advisable to create a small business.
Because you have to write bills for you gigs and you have to declare your income to the german tax office.
Otherwise you could get into trouble for tax evasion.

geposted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 5:55 am
Thank you very much for your answers.
So you think I can project videoclips, photos and scenes from movies without any problem? Obviously everything I use is from a legal source: online stores like iTunes or ripped from original vinyls, CDs or DVDs, or from my own video or photo footages. You know, this would be really great for me, because in Italy we have so many laws about using video material in public that is really easy to break some rule (and risk big sanctions) even if you are using video material actually produced by you...

For what concerns work permit and taxes I think I will have to ask a professional accountant, I don't want to evade taxes for sure. Anyway if someone has any suggestions about these things it would be really appreciated.

geposted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 8:52 am
holgerhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@WhiteRabbit;

Welcome to the cold north. Are you really sure you want to relocate to this country with the horrible weather and the awfully difficult language? If so, welcome and have fun. Coming back to your question. As mentioned by the other community members, playing in clubs is relatively save, but there are two things you might want to check before signing the contract (by the way...in Germany a contract does not necessarily have to be in writing, it can also agreed upon verbally. The only problem with verbal contracts is, that it is hard to fight for your rights in front of a judge, without something that proofs your claim):

1. Who is the organizer of the event you intend to play at: Is it you or someone else? If you are the organizer, you have to ensure that the GEMA royalties are paid. In most clubs this is not relevant, because the owner of the location is also the organzier of the parties, but it does not necessarily has to be like that. If you are the organizer, you will be held accountable for the adherence of the GEMA regulations.

2. You better make sure, that the organizer/club owner has signed a contract with GEMA that includes the use of MP3 files and copied CDs. Some of the clubs (especially in the underground house and techno scene) have only agreements for vinyls and original CD's. GEMA requests a premium on the royalties, if the use of MP3s/copied CDs is permitted.

If you like to get a legal opinion on this, I would strongly recommend you contact a lawyer. Nevertheless, I hope this helps.

Have fun
Holger

geposted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 9:13 am
@holgerh
Thank you. Well, the weather in Norther Italy, where I live, is not so different, and German is truly hard to study but also very interesting. Most of all, I don't want to live so far from my wife neither to force her to stay in Italy. If you want to do good research you have to move from our country, at least for some years. There's no other way.
Thank you for your advice.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 4:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)