Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Fader Start for Scratching

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

StymePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Is there a toggle setting that allows the crossfader to restart a track (from begining or cue) when you slide to B then back to A? Like "Stutter" but with the crossfader. I think it's called "fader start" on the NS6; I'm using Virtual Dj v7 with a Numark iDj3 (also have some midi's mapped on my Akai MPK25).

Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to have a track on Deck A cued right before a drop or good beat (ex. Dirt Off Your Shoulder Inst.). Then have a track on Deck B I'm scratching (ex. Fresh). I want the track on Deck A to restart from cue everytime I crossfade back to it from Deck B. That way I can create kick anytime I fade to A, then when I'm ready to drop it I'll just leave it on A (Then toggle the setting back I hope).

I could prob map it to my MPK25 but I'd rather use my Numark. Thanks in advance.

geposted Tue 22 May 12 @ 12:51 pm
Ok found a Fader Start effect in the add-on section. Works pretty good. Sorry for the premature post but maybe somebody will find it useful.

geposted Tue 22 May 12 @ 1:13 pm
try something like this, i'm a bit out of mapping practice so hopefully it works but this is supposed to jump to the last cue used on the left deck when you move the crossfader from the right side over towards the left... I can make it do the same on the otherside if you want...

crossfader & param_smaller 100% ? var 'cf_left' 1 ? deck left goto_cue & set 'cf_left' 0 : nothing : param_equal 100% ? set 'cf_right' 1 : nothing

geposted Tue 22 May 12 @ 1:41 pm
Thanks! I'll check that out!

geposted Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 5:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)