Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems recording and Pitch

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi i tried making my first full mix with the full version of Virtual DJ and when i did play back came across a few issues I have a Windows 7 laptop and am using an American Audio VMS4.1 controller when listening to one deck though the headphones whist the other one is playing what im am listening to though the headphones is also being recorded as well although it is not coming out of the speakers.

also when trying to mix the program keeps trying to ajust the pitch automatically even though i am not wanting it to and not pressing the sync button when mixing one track to another

Any help would be very welcome

Thanks in advance

geposted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 12:43 pm
The problem is that you're recording the signal too early.

Think about it - the music starts in the software (VDJ) and then gets sent out to the hardware (VSM4.1) to be mixed.

If you enable recording in the software, you're recording it before it gets to the mixer.

What you need to do is set up record loopback, so that VDJ records the output of the VMS4.1

geposted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 1:13 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
dazzer100 wrote :
Hi i tried making my first full mix with the full version of Virtual DJ and when i did play back came across a few issues I have a Windows 7 laptop and am using an American Audio VMS4.1 controller when listening to one deck though the headphones whist the other one is playing what im am listening to though the headphones is also being recorded as well although it is not coming out of the speakers.

also when trying to mix the program keeps trying to ajust the pitch automatically even though i am not wanting it to and not pressing the sync button when mixing one track to another

Any help would be very welcome

Thanks in advance

For the recording question, have you looked in the FAQ, specifically here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

And for the pitch, also in the FAQ:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Disable%20Auto%20Pitch%20Matching.html

geposted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 1:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)