Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 8thWonder/Videotoolz - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I must say I'm a bit dubious now.

After all, if they are building a brand new website, why not leave the old one up and running so they could still get new members. What business would not want to attract new business?

Secondly the e-mail posted above just repeats itself over and over again making the same point. What is in that email could have been said in two sentences.

Has anyone cancelled yet?

geposted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 2:01 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My subscription stopped because my credit card was replaced and they never did anything to update it. I did update it on the website but never continued getting charged. I did call my bank few weeks ago and I was able to get 3 months back. I now have Promo Only and Online Record Pool. I am looking to cancel Online Record Pool and going with DJCity along with Promo Only. Only thing I'm missing is videos but rarely used those anyway.

geposted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 2:19 pm
GaryBr wrote :
I must say I'm a bit dubious now.

After all, if they are building a brand new website, why not leave the old one up and running so they could still get new members. What business would not want to attract new business?

Secondly the e-mail posted above just repeats itself over and over again making the same point. What is in that email could have been said in two sentences.

Has anyone cancelled yet?

I agree. Odd that they would take down their site while making a new one. Hell, I'm doing that now with my DJ site. I've left the old one in place until I have the new one ready. DUH. I think 8th Wonder/Videotoolz got busted when YourRemix got taken down. It was about the same time. As for me, I was (and am) paying only $9.99/month. Yup it's a royal PITA to wait for every single sendspace file to download, but hey, for $10 I'm getting my monies worth. I've found other sources - Promo, VJStreet...

I'm a novice programmer, but damn I could've made a new site in this amount of time!

geposted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 11:17 am
powermixx wrote :

I agree. Odd that they would take down their site while making a new one. Hell, I'm doing that now with my DJ site. I've left the old one in place until I have the new one ready. DUH. I think 8th Wonder/Videotoolz got busted when YourRemix got taken down. It was about the same time. As for me, I was (and am) paying only $9.99/month. Yup it's a royal PITA to wait for every single sendspace file to download, but hey, for $10 I'm getting my monies worth. I've found other sources - Promo, VJStreet...

I'm a novice programmer, but damn I could've made a new site in this amount of time!

You are correct, sir. They've been blacklisted.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57541331/GroupM-Blacklisted-Websites

geposted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 7:53 pm
Hahahaaa and this week's excuse is.............

geposted Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 8:22 am
This weeks email

Quote :
To my Dj's,the best Dj's in the world.....
As you may of heard or seen,the east coast was hit with the biggest storm in over 150 years..hopefully you received our last email on monday to give you a heads up with what could of happened,and it did happen..we where hit hard,a tree landed on our neighbors roof and took down 2 con ed poles (our power company in NY) we also lost 2 other giant Oak tress that tore wires from the poles and crushed a few cars and that was just our part of the block...Almost no one around us has any type of power,first time I remember such a thing,and from the looks of it it is going to be some time,they did not even visit our block yet to see what kind of damage we have...Where I live was worse,we had to leave under police orders,and yep my first floor has 3 feet of water in it with dead fish from the Hudson River (Lucky for me I do not have a basement or else it would of been a swimming pool.)Stop lights are not working,public libraries are closed with no power,and the few gas stations with power are out of gas...I saw one gas station open,and it had a line with over 150 cars on it (the is what the police officer told me when I was talking to him) He said they were limiting the purchase to $40 in gas per person.With all that being said we will have no way to get emails out or in (we get our videos Via
email) so there will be no weekly email with files this week BUT hopefully next week we will have a solution. The members already using the site will also get the emails the next few weeks as we are not sure if we will be able to upload to the site as we need a program on one of our computers that will not work on a weak internet connection (Maybe a hotel etc),not even sure how we are going to get emails out but we will try our best.....What ever was missed this week you will get next week etc but I am sure there is not much being released due to the fact a large portion of the nation was hit by this storm,but what ever was you will or should get next week...

We are just trying to figure out a place with internet so we can work from there for the next few weeks....this email is going out through my Iphone hotspot,I just hope my iphone does not die before every email goes out..I try to charge it from my car but it is not so easy to do,also have to be careful not to run out of gas as getting a refuel is not an easy thing to do in NY,CT or NJ right now...We will do what ever we have to,to get you your weekly videos etc and we are trying our hardest to get that email out next Wednesday or sooner..We are trying to get a generator but than we need gas,and still need the internet providers cable back on the pole (we use Verizion)...WHAT a mess but we will do what ever we have to as we always have...must admit this is the BIGGEST challenge yet as if it is not one thing it's another,also if you do not get an email from us just know we are working on it,and it is just a power issue,that getting the cable back up to get the internet,we just need it up in either the office or one of our homes (there are certain programs we need to use on our computers or else we would have someone from the west coast handle this,but we can not email those programs,and are the brain of the site so you also have to make sure they are not floating around everywhere) again we are working very hard to NOW get everyone else on the site and also at the very least get everyone there emails with the weekly files but we are against mother nature and this time she kicked everyone's butt...

Please keep emails to a minimum as we have really no way to check or answer right now...Again we apologies for the delay of your weekly email and once we are back online you will get what ever files came out this week and what ever time we are down,those files if any you will receive once we are back up or at least have a place to send our emails out from....Pray for us and everyone on the east coast...We will do our best to have everything back to normal next week..

Cindy

(Sorry for the run on email,hopefully it makes sense,it is being typed in the dark,and with little sleep the last few days trying to get myself to a place to stay ( and my cats) and trying to figure out what to do for our DJ's..It can knock you out....
And for my fellow storm people,be safe,stay warm and remember to help someone if you can...

geposted Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 5:00 pm
Hahahahahahahah. This is very entertaining. As I'm getting emails to download from Promo Only.

They are so full of sh*t!!!

geposted Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 6:16 pm

geposted Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 8:18 am
So it's a blog now for $9.99 and they make video drops. What a joke!

geposted Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 8:54 am
More excuses....

Quote :
Dj's

It's been a long 10 days,no power,no heat and no answers////We are running on a generator and that helps a lil but not much.Our internet is shaky at best but we are trying to get out this weeks email never the less..I will keep this short you have last weeks joints below,with the new joints for the week.….We will keep in touch once we regain power….

Our coders are in NJ and they where hit harder than us,I am hoping we all get back on our feet this weekend or early next…but you have enough below to keep you busy till than...

Enjoy the weekly files below…

Cindy

Its definitely a scam.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 6:58 am
No mention about the site ehhh? Interesting.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 7:08 am
visionz5 wrote :
Look what I found:

http://videotoolz20.com/

Not sure what to think now...

And their email goes to this domain - http://www.djing4life.com

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to see their excuse next week. I don't see a reference to an actual download site, I find that very interesting. They have been claiming that the site was in beta stages with users testing it, this looks far from a usable beta site, no wonder we can't find a tester among us.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 12:36 pm
Does anyone have the exact month they went down? And what email or explanation did you give Paypal or your CC company? Im gonna cancel and see if I can get back all the months that were paid for this bogus junk like others have been able to do.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 12:58 pm
I called Chase and I just told them I was paying for a service I wasn't receiving. I asked for 6 months but they were only able to credit my account for 3 months.

Let us know how you made out.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 1:26 pm
Well I emailed them again a few days and asked what the heck was this site that (Videotoolz20) and I never received an answer and now that site is no where to be found........

geposted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 2:07 pm
lol Was there an email last week??

geposted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 2:33 pm
DJ FusiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Last week email:

OK here are your videos and music for the week ending 11/16/12.Most of our
editors have there power/internet back just waiting to here from our
programmer,and we have a phone conference set for tomorrow so we should
know more tomorrow but everything looks and sounds good from what I am
hearing..Files for the week below…
:) :) :)

geposted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 2:51 pm
It's almost as if they read this forum. Short and sweet this time.

geposted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 3:00 pm
got sick waiting and unsubscribed...

geposted Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 2:24 pm
I just got this email last week (November 21, 2012, 10:22:51 PM EST):
(basically said I would be given access on Monday [um...yesterday] - no email yet...)

To all the Dj's who stuck it out with us..We are FINALLY HERE…YES
FINALLY…..
Sometime next week we are going to get almost everybody if not
everybody online…Our credit card processor
should be ready next monday but even if it is not we will still let you
use the site..It will still be in beta testing
but we want everyone on the site already….We had a few different issues
and had to do a complete change just 5 weeks ago
as our new membership software was giving all our programmers a hard
time….We had a dozen programmers looking at it
and everyone said it did not work like it should of so we had to do
something different but I think it was for the better,