Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using history on new laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all, I realize this has probably been covered many times before but sorry I don't quite understand it, I have all my music stored on my external hard drives which works well but i'm looking at buying a new laptop with enough storage for all my music. The thing im having trouble with is
transferring the history over so I can go back and play from an earlier gig. I think I need to change the xml? but I don't really know how to?
I also hav top 100 most played sub folder which is handy and I would like to keep.

Thanks

geposted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 10:18 am
you need to copy from old lappy

users/my documents/virtualdj (all of it) this is where your history, playlist, tracklistings, mappers etc... are saved.

since you have your music on EXT HD, the Database is on the root of that drive.

When you want to tranfer all this music to the INTERNAL HD, make sure ti would be the same drive letter as the original (ext-hd) so all the path will be the same.

If you only have drive C: on your new lappy. once you copied the ext-hd contents to drive c:, you need to edit the dataabse XML file and change the drive letter to C:

Maybe this is better, USE VDJ file operations to copy/move the external contents to your new DRIVE (assuming it's C: only), then do FIX, CHECK, CLEAN etc....under config of vdj (remove the ext-hd first).

geposted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 6:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)