Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Back up virtual folders

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is it posible to back up a virtual folder? I can back up playlists but can't find where virtual folder data is stored.

Thanks

geposted Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 11:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Virtual Folders are part of the database xml files. So if you backup your database xml file, you make sure all your Virtual Folders are safe.

geposted Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 11:38 am
Is it possible to redirect the xml location to a new location without having to edit it manually? like for instance i have a virtual folder called "genre" now i can copy that virtual folder just by copying the xml file but what about the actual songs? is there a way to redirect them?

I have been wondering the same thing. theoretically if i move the files/song in the same folder it should work right? or am i missing something

geposted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 2:54 am
what I am looking to do is clone my virtual dj data on a second laptop in case i crash at a gig. I can install the software copy my music acopy my playlist. but Is there a wat to transfer your virtual folders as well

geposted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 9:11 am
if you copy/move to a diff unit, just make sure all PATH are the same and DRIVE letter. Make sure you copy XML database.

Virtual Folder is in XML databse. make sure you copy it (1 in documents/USER NAME/Virtual DJ, and 1 XML on each root of the HD(s))).

geposted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 9:26 am
The Magic.DJ wrote :
if you copy/move to a diff unit, just make sure all PATH are the same and DRIVE letter. Make sure you copy XML database.

Virtual Folder is in XML databse. make sure you copy it (1 in documents/USER NAME/Virtual DJ, and 1 XML on each root of the HD(s))).

I have the virtual folders and playlist on my second laptop but they won't load any songs, "Error file does not exist." The paths are showing up different. Do I have to name each laptop the same? Thanks

geposted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 6:04 pm
djefiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This guide good for you only if ALL you music stores on an external drive and u don't use any music on the local drive on both computers)

WARNING:
1. If you had previous data on the backup computer it will delete
2. There are 2 database file one on My Documents\VirtualDJ\VirtualDJ Database v6.xml and the second on Z:VirtualDJ Database v6.xml
Don't MIX them

1. Check the drive letter and paths of your external drive on the main computer (for example C: is the OS and Z: is the music external drive)
2. Open VDJ go to settings go to browser go to database (in the bottom) push "check" and then "clean" and then "fix"
Repeat this action on the external drive
3. Copy the database of the main computer (My Documents\VirtualDJ\VirtualDJ Database v6.xml) ant put it were you can find (NOT on the root of the external drive)
4. Attach the external drive to the backup computer
5. Rename the drive letter and paths of your external drive on the backup computer (For example Z:) (On XP you can do it with Computer Management\storage\disk management)
6. Paste the database from the main computer on the backup computer on the same place (My Documents\VirtualDJ\VirtualDJ Database v6.xml)

geposted Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 7:41 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)