Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: broadcasting issues on VDJ Radio

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello, I have a problem with broadcasting on VDJ Radio

I have talked to different people, been tested several times by different people, and they all have the same result:
Connexion not stable, which is not a good thing whien one wants to broadcast live on a radio.

I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for so I ask my question here:

My router is downstairs, my mixing room is upstairs and there isn't any way to get my mixing room connected trough LAN, not in a decent way that is. Doors/windows will have to stay open, and cable will be running trough the entire house. Drilling holes to put the cable trough is also not an option. People told me to buy a wifi-repeater (which I did) to extend the poor wifi signal, the signal is way better, but connexion still isnt stable. Connexion is even worse then without the repeater.
People also tell me that the best way to broadcast is to use a LAN connexion and turn wifi completely off...

I've already spent 60 euros on the repeater, useless...
LAN connexion, not really an option...

Can someone explain me exactly what the best way is to broadcast on internet without issues, or give me a link to any usefull information, cause this problem is driving me crazy :)

Tx in advance
Grtz stievie

geposted Sun 10 Mar 13 @ 12:02 pm
You know the answer, use a cable to connect to your router/switch/modem. WIFI is not reliable enough to broadcast, even the briefest of signal loss can interrupt your broadcast stream. Call your internet service provider and see if they can move your internet gear to the room you want to broadcast from.
This or something similar may be an option for you as well, not sure how feasible it is in your part of the world.
http://www.smarthome.com/47015/MP-6998-Ethernet-over-Power-Line-Plug-in-Adapter-Kit-85-Mbps/p.aspx

geposted Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 10:58 am
Indeed LAN is the only liable option...

Guess I'll have to move to the garage to broadcast.

Tried a repeater without LAN connexion to my laptop --> NOT GOOD
Tried a repeater WITH LAN connexion to my laptop --> NOT GOOD
Tried moving to the garage with LAN connexion straight into router --> VERY GOOD

I tested myself on the the testserver, and others tested me also, only way is LAN.

Only downside for now is that I'll have to move everything every week up-and downstairs to go sit in the f-ing cold :)
Cause it's snowing here again....

geposted Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 3:10 pm
hi,i wanna make a nonstop including 5 or 6 tracks ,i want to record these tracks and edit them while i'm listening,but i couldn't make it ,i press stop button to listen to the next track to find wich part is suitable then when i return to join two parts i can't ,what i'm trying to say is i want to edit these tracks first(to cut the best parts)then record them then put them in row and make a nonstop.

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 2:09 pm
Powerlines are the only way to go. I had the same problem. Went to my local PCWorld here in the UK and now LAN through the mains circuit of the house. Brilliant.

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 6:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)