Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixing 2 songs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

krusy12Home userMember since 2013
How do you mix 2 songs (same bpm) but one has a slower piano intro while the other has a normal drum beat intro/outro?

geposted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 10:23 pm
This is what I would do: Match the piano up with the drums so that it sounds like the drums were meant to be with the piano. (If that makes any sense!) So technically first you match them. If the piano one was 127bpm and the song with the drum intro/outro was 128bpm, I'd match them up to 127bpm, then, (since you have a Mixtrack Pro 2) press the "sync" button. That's what I would do but a lot of DJs don't like the sync button. Put the crossfader in the middle and then you have piano with drums.

geposted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 11:48 pm
krusy12Home userMember since 2013
Awesome that helps a lot thank you

geposted Mon 29 Jul 13 @ 8:23 pm
No problem! Good luck!

geposted Mon 29 Jul 13 @ 10:05 pm
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
Depending on the song and/or mood you're trying to achieve, it might be wise to just skip the piano intro and play the song from the first downbeat.

geposted Thu 01 Aug 13 @ 9:14 pm
mixing is awosome,let you be a new good DJ u will have new performance and new skills

geposted Sat 10 Aug 13 @ 2:54 am
krusy12 wrote :
How do you mix 2 songs (same bpm) but one has a slower piano intro while the other has a normal drum beat intro/outro?

Hi,

This, I suspect, is down to how the music is written.

If the track starts with twinkly piano, and breaks into the track with a kick drum (like a lot of Trance), you will need to adjust the CBG (the dots under the waveform) by right clicking the BPM counter, and sliding the slidy bar which appears, so you have a BIG dot under the first kick.

You can then count the beats backwards (4, 3, 2, BIG, 4, 3, 2, BIG) back to the start of your twinkly piano part.

Once you know this number, say, 64 beats, that's how long you have of twinkly piano, and can match those 64 beats to the end of your current track.

Practice playing the two tracks until you're absolutely SICK of hearing them together, and eventually you'll nail it.

Ta
Mike.

geposted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 12:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)