Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ddj sx mixer help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have recently downloaded the latest ddj sx driver but from some reason it uses 2 channels on the mixer for each deck (that's if your using only two decks) for example it would use both channels 1&2 for the left deck instead of just one ?
This is annoying be because if I was using just channel 1 on the mixer and I knock the channel just a little bit it will change the software internal mixer Accordantly Four example on the first channel I can have the Lowest EQ On zero And on the second channel I could have the EQ set to halfway If I was to knock the first channel it would Automatically make the second aswell
Also this would mean as a external mixer it's using up two channels it doesn't need to that could be used for something else
Please help :)

geposted Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 5:14 am

geposted Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 5:33 am
apexdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is this update for a Apple or Windows or both?

geposted Fri 06 Sep 13 @ 10:02 am
It's for both - Mappers are platform independent.

geposted Fri 06 Sep 13 @ 10:25 am
I have a question my lights on mixer in the channels and master level are not working they were working fine the other night and just quit. also my load buttons and fx buttons are not working and my cue buttons on my mixer are not working and unable to use talk over. Everything was working fine the other night. I have turned my mixer from pc to line and back and they are still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 3:27 pm
kennethdixon wrote :
I have a question

Where's the question? That was just a series of statements!

OK let's assume you're talking about the DDJ-SX. Here are some actual questions for you.

Do the lights work when it's just powered up (not connected to the computer)?

Do the lights work when you use the DDJ-SX with Serato software?

Does the DDJ-SX work in other respects (i.e. sound)?

Have you contacted Pioneer about it (as it's not really a VDJ issue)?

geposted Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 4:07 pm
@groovindj:
The first tip you should give this guy would be to revert his mapper back to factory settings, as most likely something got messed.

So...

@kennethdixon:
Revert your mapper back to the factory settings. If your controller still doesn't behave as it should then you should contact the manufacturer...

geposted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 3:22 am
Virtual DJ doesnt seem to work well with the ddj-sx. There are 3 other threads of different users having exactly the same issues with VDJ that users were having 9 months ago, the biggiest being the "software takeover" of the volume/slider/effects/platters" which no amount of editing will stop VDJ from doing to the hardware control portion of the mixer. Thanks, have a good day!

geposted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 10:24 am
The native mapping in v7.4 was designed for 4 deck use. If you are using it with 2 decks, then you will need to download and install the updated mapper that takes this into account (To avoid VirtualDJ 'wrapping' decks 3&4 back to 1&2): http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15822/Pioneer_DDJ-SX_(Native).html

Ideally for best results, you should use it with a 4 deck skin as intended by the manufacturer.

The only other issue that we are aware of is lag if you scratch on both decks simultaneously, but this is not something that most DJ's would be doing in a live performance. It's appears to be caused by the slicer section, which due to not currently being a native function in VirtualDJ is implemented using some very complex VDJscript. If you need to be able to scratch on both decks simultaneously, try deleting the slicer mappings and map them to something else (E.g: Triggering effects, etc.) This may be something that can be improved in a future version of VirtualDJ if slicer becomes a native function.

NOTE: The DDJ-SX should be used in the default Serato mode, otherwise the platter LED's will not work well.

geposted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 11:58 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)