Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Water Damage to DDJ SX

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Last night a girl purposely poured a glass of water over my brand new DDJ-SX. I was still waiting for an insurance quote so it's not covered. I'm devastated :( it's not working at all now.. has this ever happened to anyone else here?

geposted Sun 27 Oct 13 @ 7:51 pm
what a bitch! you could try taking it to a car body repair shop and get them to put it in the spray oven to dry it out, It would be hot enough to evaporate the water but not warp the body or fry the internals. This wouldn't work if it was soft drink or alcohol as it is sticky. and may not work if you have already turned it on as water conducts electricity and you may have fried it.

geposted Sun 27 Oct 13 @ 8:25 pm
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Can be the power supply

geposted Sun 27 Oct 13 @ 11:02 pm
You have to call at least once after you sleep with them. Put it in a bag with 25 lbs of rice, close it up, and wait three days. See if that helps. Silica will also work.

geposted Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 5:16 pm
You can also try this.

geposted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 2:41 am
The old trick with water spilled over a (computer) keyboard is to put it in the airing cupboard for about a week to let it dry out. But if you've damaged the electrics (by it being wet while turned on) you may have caused damage which can only be fixed with replacement circuit boards.

geposted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 5:04 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)