Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Locking up

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have had an issue a few times now over the last couple of month. Always when i am doing the same thing.

I have a Dell Latitude E5500, Intel Core 2 duo CPU 4 Gig RAM windows 7 Pro with updates applied. Latest version of VDJ and using a Denon MC6000 playing MP3 files.

When using the search bar, sometimes i make a spelling mistake and press the back space button. On occasions this has caused the VDJ screen to lock up. The track continues to play and if i have a track loaded on another deck i can play that using the controller too.. But i cannot load new tracks etc the screen is frozen.?.

Resolution... I play a track on my backup system and restart virtual DJ.. Note: not windows, just VDJ.

As i said this is happening more and more and i do see a distinct time lag when hitting the back space button..

Your help would be appreciated..

geposted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 8:16 am
data from crash file..

Crash ID=02b60138 (date=1209170001, version=7.0.5b Pro, build=380, thread=Main, dump=10c92500, excode=c0000005 (8,2b60138))

Crash ID=052e1436 (date=1304251709, version=7.3 Pro, build=422, thread=Main, dump=8b712057, excode=c0000005 (0,20))

geposted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 8:23 am
I note that the crash reports are historical and nothing to do with the issues i am having at the moment. I am currently using VDJ ver: 5.4 (b453) Whatever is happening is not leaving a report..?

I am going to reinstall everything on a new Hard drive and see how i get on..? I will keep you posted. But if the locking up when pressing the backspace means anything to you please get in touch..

geposted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 8:49 am
There's no such version as 5.4

If you are running a v5.x version then this may be why you are having these problems. VirtualDJ v5 is a very old version of the software and there have been numerous bug fixes and improvements since then. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ_History.html

Please install the latest v7.4.1(b482) and see if you still have the same issue.

Also, check your database for corruption. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/I%20get%20an%20error%20message%20saying%20that%20my%20database%20is%20corrupted.html

NOTE: You won't get a crash report if the software doesn't actually crash (Close/recover dialogue box.)

geposted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 9:09 am
Sorry 7.4 is what i meant..?? Duh..!!

geposted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 9:11 am
As above, please check your database for corruption (Check, Fix and optionally Clean to remove old redundant entries.)

This sort of problem can also be caused by a failing hard disk. Make a full backup of your music collection and any other files that are important to you (You should be already doing this regularly as a matter of course) and then run scan disk on each drive where you have music stored.

geposted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 10:06 am
sternboHome userMember since 2013
Sometimes I cannot type in the search box at all for a few minutes. I can still load from folders but cannot search. After a few minutes it goes back to normal. Anyone every ran into the "cannot type in search" issue?

geposted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 2:01 pm
Morning... Here is an update in what i have done..

I changed my hard drive to a solid state one (nice and fast), plus gives me the original to fall back on..

Installed windows 7 pro 32 bit
installed basic required utilities, Acrobat, Flash, Open Office 4, Audiograbber and MyDMX2

I installed the latest version of VDJ from the website and the PC is running like lightning.

But if i do a search on the search bar and mistype and have to press the backspace key there is STILL a visible lag in time from when i press the key and when VDJ actually catches up with me.. Seems there is an issue somewhere..??

Any one else have this..?

Just to recap

Dell E5500
Intel HD4500 graphics
Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 2gig
4 Gig Ram
now with a OCZ 120Gig HDD

geposted Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 3:16 am
Oh and yes i have done a Check, Clean, and fix too..

geposted Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 3:17 am
Update for everyone...

I copied some music to my new internal hard drive and unplugged my external USB drive. Doing a search now and pressing backspace runs perfect. no lag at all..??

I plugged in my backup music HDD and it has the lag again. It must be the size of the database that is causing it..? Both hard drives are western digital 2 gig

1st one has a USB2 case second one in a USB3 case both with own power supplies..

I have done windows ScanDisk which found nothing..!!

I right clicked on my music folders and selected remove from database.. Once i did that the lag disappeared. once i started adding them again the lag got more and more as the database grew. So it's a size issue..??

External HDD
108551 files
91657 are music. 13911 karaoke. 2983 video

Is this too much for VDJ..?

geposted Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 3:57 am
OK.. Found a new problem..??

I have just plugged in my MC6000 for the 1st time since reinstall.. The new version of VDJ has an issue being.. The sync beat LED.. When it flashes, all the other buttons flashed with it. I downloaded new mappings etc.. no change..

I uninstalled and installed 7.4 build 453 and it works fine.. Just thought i would tell you about it..

Any comment on the database size causing my issues..?

geposted Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 6:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)