Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS2 Set-Up Issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ner0417Home userMember since 2013
Hopefully I posted this in the right place. I'm just starting to DJ and recently got myself the American Audio VMS2. I've tried everything I can just to get my VMS2 working but nothing has made it function correctly. I'm on Windows 8 using Traktor Pro 2. It functioned prior to purchase and nothing happened to it so it should work fine.

I first installed the ASIO drivers from the website, along with VirtualDJ and the manual. I don't plan on using VirtualDJ as I already have Traktor but I got it anyway. Read the whole manual, wasn't much help.

I downloaded the mapping .tsi files for the VMS2 both with and without FX.

I plugged the VMS2 into my PC using the USB 2.0 cord and only the red switch on the back lights up. None of the other lights, knobs, buttons or switches light up at all.

I've searched for screenshots of all the settings I should use in Traktor for the VMS2 to work and copied them all, yet I believe my problem lies in that the VMS2 doesn't show up at all when I plug it in. It never has showed up as a device at all and nothing happens when I plug it into the PC except that the one red power switch lights up. Imported both of the .tsi files but neither even had any of the options checked except for the one without FX which allowed me to import the GUI.

I tried addressing a possible issue regarding editing my registry to alleviate a conflict between other USB devices blocking midi connections but that did not help.

When I open the 'settings' tab in Traktor beneath the ADJ ASIO set as being used for my audio device it appears that the VMS2 should appear and have a few options that I can change, but it does not appear in that menu at all.

I tried two different USB 2.0 cords just in case that happened to be the issue but that didn't help either.

I'm pretty much out of things to try at this point. Am I looking at a hardware issue with the VMS2, a software issue with Windows 8 or the drivers, or am I just missing something simple? Hopefully I don't seem stupid here but if someone could post some steps to setting this thing up I'd greatly appreciate it.

geposted Sun 29 Dec 13 @ 2:25 am

geposted Sun 29 Dec 13 @ 4:58 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)