Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I switch on my projector then my laptop.

The laptop has a core i7 3.2ghz processor and 8gb ddr3 ram.
It has the standard intel graphics built onto the processor and also a dedicated NVIDIA 555 3gb graphics card which I output from via HDMI.
I run the HD music videos from an external USB3 hard drive.

Here is the problem.

When playing videos between 30 minutes to 1 hour the video will freeze yet the music continues. The only way to stop this is to turn off the software and start it again.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this or what is causing it. Should I buy more memory for the machine?

geposted Tue 21 Jan 14 @ 4:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could be a overheating/bad ventilation issue. Keep in mind that using the High-Performance Graphics card (NVidia), may lead to higher temperatures.
Install some Temp-Monitor application (e.g Speedfan) and see if you get higher values than normal

geposted Tue 21 Jan 14 @ 9:25 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Did you activate the Nvidia Freezbug by using the registry Tool....?

geposted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 5:15 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Are you sure VDJ really uses your nVidia card?

geposted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 4:21 am
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Check If you Video card have the last update or last driver

geposted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 11:17 pm
Thanks for all the responses peeps, I have enabled the NVidia freeze bug, and it definitely runs using this card as I have to select it from the video options and I right click the shortcut on the desktop and select to use the NVidia card.

Still having the problems however sometimes I get lucky and it will only happen after a couple of hours! Strange one this.....

geposted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 1:37 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
also did the VideoMemMaxUse entry ?
4 example: Using a Video Card with 2GB Ram, typ half the value from VideoMemFree in Video Mem MaxUse

geposted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 1:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)