Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iTunes Files Do Not Play

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I am having issues when trying to play files from a iTunes playlist. I can see the playlist and the songs in it, but when I drag it to the deck, I see the song name, followed by "Error".

I am not sure what is going on, and am thinking there might be some sort of log that tells me what the error is? Anyone have any troubleshooting advice?

System:
Windows 7 Enterprise
Service Pack 1
64 Bit OS
Intel Core i3-2120T CPU @ 2.60GHz
12 Gig Ram

Additional Information:
The iTunes playlist are on a network file share. I had Virtual DJ running on a similar machine with exact same configuration without issue.

Files it's trying to play are MP3 and WAV, nothing special.

It plays files just fine from other network shares, It's just the iTunes it has an issue with.

Thanks!!
Jay

geposted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 6:12 pm
I hope this comes out right, my first post. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem but it really messed me up for a bit.

I just rebuilt my systems with new SSD drives and upgraded to Windows 7 on each and I encountered this issue when I downloaded the new version of ITunes and took the lazy way out by letting it reload all the songs. I should have restored from my backups which I had to do for anyway for all the other songs.

The new version of ITunes places the songs under a new subdirectory by default. The new file location is:

C:\users\username\Music\ITunes\ITunes Media\Music.

The old structure didn't have the "ITunes Media" sub directory sandwiched there in the middle. (The username is whatever your account is on your computer.)

You can move your files back to their "original" location. Which was probably:

C:\users\username\Music\ITunes\Music

VDJ should act like normal again.

Btw you can view that original location by right clicking on an affected file in VDJ and selecting "file info" from the drop down and viewing the path, it's near the bottom of the window. Additionally, you should see in your playlists and virtual folders the little "yellow circle with the question mark" next to each song that has been affected.

After correcting all of my songs in VDJ to reflect their new location I think that I could have changed the settings in ITunes to put any new songs back in their old location.

To do this make the menu bar is visible in ITunes. If it's not, click on the "semaphore looking icon" in the top left corner and select "Show Menu Bar"

Then select "Edit" from the menu bar.

Select "Preferences from the drop down list.

Click on the "advanced" icon that looks like a bicycle sprocket.

You can click on the "Change" button and change the location in the next window that pops up by clicking on the word "ITunes" from up above in the folder path. You could also select the "Music" folder link on the left and drill down to where you want them to be if it's somewhere completely different. The directional arrows are "greyed out" and are of no help

Uncheck those boxes for ITunes Media organization or the new downloads will contain the track number in the song title and can't be sorted correctly in VDJ.

I hope this helps someone!

g

geposted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 12:10 am
Thanks GMKittel!!

This is extremely helpful. Although the issue isn't related to the iTunes folder structure (I actually changed the registry to point to a network share where there are multiple iTunes playlists), but your help with the file location and the troublshooting has given me some great indication of where the issue may be.

I can see an error "!! File does not exist !!" error message there, and the little icon you point out shows a "?". I'm not sure why it works on one machine and not the other, but this is a start!!!

Thanks buddy!!

Best
Jay

geposted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 12:53 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Could you navigate via the vdj browser and then load it and play it?

If that's possible then the VDJ database just has a wrong filepath to your files.

geposted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 1:37 pm
I believe I found the issue. It looks like one of the file shares is having connection issues, and it's the one that VDJ is trying to pull files from. I haven't been able to fix the issue on the box, but I'm thinking that might be it.

I will update when I get the network issue resolved.

Thanks
Jay

geposted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 2:42 pm
Confirmed that the network error was the root cause. It was dropping out and the VDJ couldn't get to the share now and then.

Thanks!
Jay

geposted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 4:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)