Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Power amp

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

TretonePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have 2 radius 3000, MXR14 mixer, power speaker x4 and two subs. Do i need to add power amp to my setup

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 1:11 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Can you please include more information about your speakers? Make/model?
What kind of music are you playing?
What size crowd?
Indoors or out?

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 1:22 am
My set up is 2 American Audio PXW 15P sub woofers, 4 american audio XSP 12" power speakers, MXR 12 mixer, 2 radius 3000. I play Hip Hop, reggae, house, and oldies music for approx. 200 people give or take. Just wondering if by adding a power amp the music would sound any richer. Thanks in advance for your time and advise......

geposted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 12:36 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

geposted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 1:16 am
It looks like all of your speakers are powered (a power amp built in). A power amp would be used for passive speakers (no amp built in). Hooking the output of a separate power amp to the input of those speakers will damage them.

If your looking for mor punch or feeling to the sound, it may be time to upgrade your speakers to a high caliber.

geposted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 2:32 am
If you want your music to sound "richer" then I'd suggest upgrading your mixer. That's probably the weak point in your setup.

geposted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 4:59 am
It apears that the built in sound card on that mixer uses the DSP D-Core™ audio interface like in the VMS4. I would think you would get at least a decent sound out of it. The reviews I read noted good sound. If you know someone that has a sound system that you like the sound of, maybe they will let you plug into it and try.

Also, the quality of your source files play a factor. I don't want to get into lossless vs compressed, but at least a high bitrate mp3, around 256 or higher. I try not to play anything less then a 320 bit mp3 or lossless myself.

geposted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 12:48 pm
Just want to thank you guys for your knowledge and expertise in the music field, I think I have a assume system just trying to stay ahead of the game. VDJ is so wonderful in the sense that you can always count on each other for what ever advise you looking for. You guys is the best.....

geposted Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 10:31 pm
djezmgsPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Try adding an 12 or 15 band Parametric EQ Before the input to your built in Powered Speakers, (Not Sub), and 'Notch' the Frq, so it sounds
richer but don't over do it :)

geposted Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 1:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)