Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Live backup help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi All,
I'm fairly new to VDJ, just leaning the ropes but quite like it so far having come from Mixxx on a Linux platform.
Now to my question. I have searched but can't find a definitive answer and I'm scared to try it without advice first.
I have two laptops each with VDJ Pro installed.
I also have 2 USB Drives with duplicate copies of all my music on them in the same folder structure.
I want to set them up so that any mix of laptop and USB HD will give me the same set of Filtered virtual folders, playlists etc.
So that I can swap HD's over if one fails or swap laptops over if that fails all pretty seamlessly. I have CD backup to fill the gap while I am swapping out the offending bit of kit.
So, am I right in saying that all I need to do is make sure that the folders My Documents/Virtual DJ are identical and to make sure that the VirtualDJ Local Databes v6.xml file is the same on both USB drives and all will appear the same no matter what combination of laptop/USB Drive I use?
All this assuming I mount the drives as the same drive letter (E: in this case).
Thanks for any and all assistance.
Regards
Clive

geposted Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 5:23 am
sounds about right.

Just keep in mind about file permissions/rights when using another PC/Laptop.

geposted Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 7:22 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Plus, make sure you use the same Username/ Account-name on each laptop (Case sensitive)
VDJ Database also will be created on .../username/documents/virtualdj...

geposted Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 11:30 am
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 9:56 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If your using the windows platform, Robocopy is an excellent utility for mirroring the drives without copying everything each time. It only copies the changes made, including deletions.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 7:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)