Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer ddj-sz

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

After sending my second Denon mc-6000 in for repair, I'm thinking about moving over to Pioneer.

I don't want to change from Virtual dj, as I think it's still the best software for me. But, is it possible to run the Pioneer ddj-sz with virtual dj.

If it is, is anyone out there already doing it, and what are the results.

Thanks.

geposted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 3:32 pm
It's not supported yet but the team will be working on a mapper soon.

There are a few other threads on this if you do a search.

Don't even think that controller is available in the UK yet anyway?

Keith

geposted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 4:14 pm
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's available but it is mega expensive.

I just can't see another alternative to the Denon mc-6000. I have always used Denon myself, but also have a lot of Pioneer kit that I hire out. So it makes sense to move over completely to Pioneer, even though I feel a bit like a deserter.

geposted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 4:36 pm
I'm still happy with the MC6000. I've had it since they first came out and it works great.

The Pioneer controller will be nice but it's very large ..... and £1749?

I think people are buying it for the looks more than anything else, and the MC6000 is a more than capable unit in it's own right. Personally I feel that version 8 of VDJ may bring more to the party on these Pioneer controllers. The mapper for the DDJ-SX looks good but the effects in VDJ are not great to say the least. If I did (and I may) buy the SZ then I would simply go down the Serato route unless VDJ8 is really something up to date and special.

Keith

geposted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 4:44 pm
I have to agree with you Keith.
Although my biggest reason for changing is my faulty mc6000's

geposted Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 3:26 pm
What has gone wrong with them?

geposted Thu 20 Mar 14 @ 3:50 pm
The same thing has happened to both units.

When I put an audio signal through the controller, various lights begin to flash to the beat of the music. This happens with audio from the pc, cd, or even from my phone, and through each input.

So I was getting the efx4, param1, param2, and the peak leds all flashing to the beat of the music. Also the deck change button had both the red and blue leds on at the same time.

The first unit had the exact same issue, but with different lights flashing. Denon are aware of this fault, and after the unit going back 3 times for the same fault. Which was never actually fixed, they gave me a new unit. Now this one is back in for repair and I think my warranty has expired, so I may have to pay for this one.

I am now looking towards Pioneer for a hardware solution. Either the ddj sz, or the djm900 nexus, or the new djm 900 srt. depending on their compatability with Virtual dj.

geposted Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 6:19 pm
Yeah, I have heard a few people with hardware faults like that .... I must be lucky as my one still works perfectly after all this time.

Keith

geposted Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 4:40 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)