Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: XML database to excel error

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello

I am using VDJ 7 and on an XP laptop

I am trying to open my xml database files in excel to create a list.
I have 4 files one for each drive, the file for my drive M gives me the error listed in the attached jpeg, can someone tell me how to fix this.

notice the file database name has "033114 M" at the end of the name, this is a backup copy of M drive.

any help would be great

Thanks
Al

geposted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 11:56 am
You've already got all the info you need. You can see the line and column number, so just find the file listed at that position and check the characters in the ID3 tags.

geposted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 1:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
You've already got all the info you need. You can see the line and column number, so just find the file listed at that position and check the characters in the ID3 tags.

I already tried to open it in notepad, and Google, but it does not show line numbers or columns

geposted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 4:39 pm

geposted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 4:56 pm
groovindj wrote :

I found the problem

I downloaded a trial version of "Altova XMLSpy 2014"
Altova loaded the file and showed the errors.

It seemed that my Promo Only Urban Radio 2002 had comment errors, I retagged the files, opened VDJ erased the comments, reloaded the comments, and it fixed the database.

it may have been some problems with tags that were special for PCDJ "PCDJ comment"

Well that's from the old days, of PCDJ , not the great days of Virtual DJ :)

Thanks for the help, i will look into Notpad ++

geposted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 5:49 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That's indeed a problem of malformed comment tags.

I hit that same problem while developing a little database tool.

The problem is, that some characters are not allowed in an XML file and the XML parser of your program will throw an error
while trying to read the virtualdj database.
In my case i nearly got insane, because the comment showed nothing wrong. In fact it showed nothing but blanks.
But this blanks weren't "blanks"... After deleting this characters all went good in the end.

geposted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 8:49 am
PachN wrote :
That's indeed a problem of malformed comment tags.

I hit that same problem while developing a little database tool.

The problem is, that some characters are not allowed in an XML file and the XML parser of your program will throw an error
while trying to read the virtualdj database.
In my case i nearly got insane, because the comment showed nothing wrong. In fact it showed nothing but blanks.
But this blanks weren't "blanks"... After deleting this characters all went good in the end.

Thanks for the info

you say you were working on a lil database tool, would you be working on a easy way to print or create a list from the xml files?

I would be willing to pay for a nice simple program to convert the xml file to excel or access.
i can open the files in excel but I have 4 xml files, one from each drive partition, and i have to delete a lot of columns before I save it as and excel file.

Thanks
Al

geposted Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 9:09 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Contact me via pm and I see what I can do for you.

geposted Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 1:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)