Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wireless IP PTZ Camera

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi has anyone used a wireless IP PTZ Camera with the camera effect/plugin to view live shots of your crowd?

Thinkin of getting a 1.3mp or 2mp PTZ camera, but I wasn't sure if VDJ would detect it on my computer. I have a ticket submitted to VDJ tech support now to find out if they've tried using one in testing.

If you have used one, could you give details of your experience.

Thanks

geposted Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 4:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes.

You will need DirectShow interface software for the camera, I've used this free one:

http://ip-webcam.appspot.com/

Just give it the URL of the actual video stream and away you go.

Regards,

Scott

geposted Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 8:57 pm
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 9:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Mine was a similar camera to that one. I've never used it at a gig - I have one in my sons room as he's disabled and it's handy to check on his breathing/vomiting/seizures. In pitch black the IR illumination does a fantastic job.

geposted Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 7:17 am
StylesQ wrote :

I was wondering if the 1.3mp cameras will pick up enough light in the room

It's not the megapixels you need to look at - it's the lux figure (plus in this case there are IR LEDs) and the F number of the lens. It says the lens is F1.8 which should be OK with low light.

geposted Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 7:34 am
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Are you going wireless to have more flexibility with placement? Just wondering... I use an USB webcam for a live feed of the crowd. I mount it on my light truss or on the top of my facade. For more flexibility on placement I use an USB extension cable. I have about 15 feet to play with. I never really considered wireless. I'd love to hear how it works out for you. Anyway, a USB camera is only a fraction of the cost... I use this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Webcam-Widescreen-Calling-Recording/dp/B006JH8T3S/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1398556948&sr=1-1&keywords=Webcam

It's pretty good in low light too....Be EZ bro

geposted Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 6:56 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)