Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Slideshow images being stretched

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GPSMDPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi All,

I need to use the slideshow feature to display wedding photo's at a gig next weekend.

The venue i'm going to have 12 42inch LED TV's which are connected via HDMI, Screens running at 1920x1080.

Testing at home i found that the slideshow is stretching all images to fit the screen, rather than maintaining the aspect ratio of the original image (don't you just love this software)

Anyway, I've found previous posts on here regarding this for Version 5 posted back in 2008!!!, and it was recommended that the SBDJ plugin was downloaded.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4225/SBDJ_SlideShow.html

I have installed the plugin and although it works, the GUI will freeze every time the picture changes.

Does anyone else use the default slideshow plugin and manage to get pictures to display in their native aspect ratio?

You would of thought this issue would have been addressed in the last 6 years wouldn't you? Maybe it has and i just don't know about it?

geposted Sat 03 May 14 @ 11:04 am
this plugin works correctly
in this plugin you have: open, slideshow, transition, enlarge small pictures
You must have slideshow, transition & enlarge small pictures actived
Don't forget to put a time for the delay

juan

geposted Sat 03 May 14 @ 1:50 pm
I am using the SBDJ plugin and it works ok, the pictures are the correct size.

However i am finding that the Virtual DJ GUI will lock up for a few seconds while the picture transitions from one to another.

Does anyone else experience this issue?

geposted Sat 03 May 14 @ 3:53 pm
Have just tried this plugin on my mac under bootcamp (had to bootcamp as the VDJ techs can't write the software to support HW acceleration on the mac. So playing back HD MP4 files was useless)

Anyway I'm experiencing the same issues with the SBDJ plugin freezing the GUI every time the picture changes.

Never had these issues with OTSAV!

geposted Sat 03 May 14 @ 4:03 pm
Have a read here.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75309/VirtualDJ_Plugins/Slideshow_picture_stretched_V5__SOLVED_.html?page=1

This is how I got around to it. The only thing I can't do is when someone gives me a picture(s) during the party.

My work around:
1. I made sure that my camera will take 1920x1080 (this take care of the Stretching).

Now for GUI hiccup, you are experiencing it because the picture size is probably beyond 2MB in size.
Just load up your favorite picture editor and re-save it.

Now that I take pictures at 1920x1080, all my the pictures are less than 1.5MB.

Give it a try, make sure the picture size is around 1.5mb or less and watch the GUI hiccups go away.

Hope that help.

(still wishing an update for a slideshow plugin)

geposted Sun 04 May 14 @ 9:11 pm
Thanks, I have taken a JPG file 1920x1080 for use as a background, then centered the photos on that, that way they will display ok. the files are around 2-3MB.

I would of liked to have used my camera (Nikon D5100) to take pictures through out the evening of people and display these on the screens also.

However I can't get the resolution on the camera as low as 1920x1080 and will not be able to edit the files when I'm there. Think I will need to research this some more.

It's a shame that the official plugin by virtual DJ hasn't been tweaked in this time.

geposted Tue 06 May 14 @ 2:34 am
SBDJ does not stretch the pic and I started using it but.....

I remember correctly, the problem I was having was, It won't display the NEW ADDED pictures. You have to open/re-select
the FOLDER and choose any picture, that's when the new added pic will show up (and it's annoying and sometimes I forget to do it).

Scott said he has some sort of a NEW version, but that has not turn up (I think it's over a year now).
So, I gave up on the SBDJ and use the default one which I explain of how I got around the problem.

Did you try using a pic that is smaller than 1.5mb ? You will see that the GUI hiccup will be fix.

I use FUJI camera ($100-$150) for the 1920x1080 resolution.

geposted Tue 06 May 14 @ 8:52 am
I'm not too fussed about adding the pictures manually.

I have tried reducing the file size and that has done the trick with the SBDJ plugin.

But I would need to modify the files within a picture editor on the night. resolution wise I think the SBDJ plugin would work well.

Does anyone know if the default VDJ slideshow plugin will scale the image file if the resolution is too big to fit on the screen, rather than chop the image? As my camera can only take a pic at a silly resolution like 2000 odd by xxxx (can't remember the exact res but it does not go as low as 1920 x 1080 I know that for sure)

Didn't think of trying that, damn always think of these things when I'm at work...

I will have to test tonight and hope for the best.

geposted Fri 09 May 14 @ 3:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The default slideshow plugin will stretch a picture to fit the screen.

My slideshow plugin (I think it was the first I ever wrote!) does it's loading in the plugin thread and this is what creates the temporary GUI lockup whilst it's loading.

I did create newer version that resolved this but never got around to polishing and releasing them!

geposted Fri 09 May 14 @ 3:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)