Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sampler Volume slider mapping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey, I'm running VDJ8, i have a midi keyboard i want to use for samples, Its an M-Audio Keystudio 49, any help on mapping the sliders and encoders for these things would be great.

I'm having trouble mapping the midi keyboard volume slider to "sampler_volume". The mapping does work but the volume only moves through the center area of the slider, the volume goes from 0 to 100% in what seams less than a millimeter of movement (through the centre of the slider).

Can anyone help me out.

Cheers

geposted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 9:22 am
Seriously?? No-one can help me at all??

geposted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 12:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 6:36 am
Hi DJdad, Thanks for the reply.

The slider i'm referring to is the top left, travels and feels just like a pitch fader. Its not endless just a normal slider.

I ran miditrace (screen grab below) this was the result of me moving the slider from its absolute top position downwards around 40% of the way.

Thanks in advance, any help to nail this would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 7:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not too hot on midi mapping (I never learnt it I went straight in to HID) but perhaps posting your definition for this slider might help, because it works to a fashion so I suspect maybe your range might be wrong (maybe??)

geposted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 8:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You cant do much with SIMPLE MIDI, but if a proper definition exists you could define min and max for the slider.
<slider cc="0x07" min="0x5C" max="0x7E" name="VOLUME" channel="0" />

Edit .. hmm, you said it was from the top to 40% ? then the 5C is not the very bottom ? Anyways, as above, you can define its min and max positions.

geposted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 1:07 pm
Cheers for your input, i will work on creating a proper definition file for this, setting the min and max makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

geposted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 10:41 pm
djnaz79PRO InfinityMember since 2011
compre mi licensia pero no se como se usan los maper no se asignarlos para que los botones se muevan la

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 8:39 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum (Where available) to post in your own language.

These other language forums can be found at the bottom of the main forum topic list.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 12:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)