Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: recording level

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I (finaly) took the step to VDJ8 after using 7 a couple of years.
I use a VMS4 as mixer and have all the recording issues sorted by using an loop back from the mixer's out to my laptop's in.
Before i used audacity to record which gave me a "watery" sound.
Now i found out i can use the internal recording function again BUT when i choose USB device as recording loopback i get brilliant but rather silent recording volume and if i use Realtek i can adjust my recording volume but get the watery sound.
So obviously my question is : can one adjust the internal recording level ?

geposted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 10:10 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Show us a pic of your VDJ sound config, and a pic of your Windows sound mixer settings.
I think VDJ records 'as is' so it might be external settings at fault.

One way to test would be to use a line level source (mp3 player/CD player) as a input to your machine and see what it sounds like without VDJ/Audacity

geposted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 1:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ records the Master, but in case of the VMS4 (and any other units with external mixer setup), the recording level is up to the Output level of each deck.
Things that affect the Record..
- Software gain (on VMS with fake mixer, only the Gain applied by autoGain affects level)
- Hardware gain (on VMS this is irrelevant to the software one, even if you see that moving on the screen)
- Overall output level (Volume Faders of the VMS4, crossfader position etc)
- Booth or Master Output (if you record with recordloopback and a 3rd party application)

If you use the Input of the VMS to record internally, then only the Hardware Gains may help on this i guess.

geposted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 2:58 pm
It would be useful to have:

A recording level control

A recording level meter

.......so that you can see recording is taking place, and adjust it if it's too loud or quiet.

geposted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 3:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
a recording level meter is possible with the new Skin Engine and already available in the Default skin.

<visual type="linear" source="record_vu" orientation="horizontal">
<pos x="204" y="2863-2800" width="101" height="10"/>
<off x="204" y="2863"/>
<on x="114" y="2958"/>
</visual>

To my understanding you need a record db info, right ?

geposted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 7:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)