Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 BrakeStart behavior

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Greetings. I have a question about the BrakeStart effect n vdj8. I like to map that effect to a dedicated button on my controller. I was able to do that no problem in 7 and 8. My question stems from a noticeable difference in behavior between the two versions of vdj. In 7 I could hit the button mapped to trigger BrakeStart then as the sound was winding down, I could hit the button again and it would wind back up giving me a cool option for curse words with a neat power down and back up effect.

In vdj8 if I hit the button a second time while it is still spinning down, the track abruptly stops. Same goes if I use BrakeStart to start a track where a second click before the track is at full speed causes the track to instantly jump to full speed.

In summary, the effect behaved more like a true turntable power button on vdj7 and I'm wondering if there's any to bring that back for vdj8?

geposted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 11:06 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Find the old V7 effects .dlls and rename them
i.e. backspin.dll to backspin1.dll
Then you'll have both the new and the old, but be warned these effect names were blocked (by atomix) for a reason,(less than 100% stability) so learn the nuances.
I know backspin, brake, overloop and cut can be resurrected in this fashion

geposted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 6:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)