Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Pre Recorded Sets For Events

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Before you read this , this post is in no way of a slanging match but a post that hopefully will help you and many others DJ's needing a little advice. If it reads offensive to anyone then I'm very sorry but it wasn't my intention and I give you my apology.

I Started to DJ well before the computer, laptop scene. I don't disagree with the digital side of this I embrace it. The software and components are improving every year. It's the best way to carry all your tracks without the weight of records and Cd collections. Pre recording a 15 minute teaser while you go to the loo or have a smoke I agree. But pre recording a set? A professional DJ should be able to read his audience, read body language and create the correct atmosphere for the right event. If this was the case where DJ's Record their set then play them when ever they go to a gig then ask yourself this question. Would you pay for a DJ to play a pre recorded set at your event? This is what gives digital DJ's a bad name and if this the case why you call yourself a DJ ? Pass it on to someone who has experience or If you have a friend who is a professional DJ take them with with you. The skills are not something your going to pick up overnight. You need to practice and precision every detail especially for an event like a wedding. They want a night to remember and it's up to you to provide this. Stay calm and relaxed and when you get on that microphone at the beginning introduce yourself to them, have a laugh with them, show them no fear. Don't be one of those DJ's who say two words (hello , Goodnight) . Let them know that you are in control and you can take request and even let them know what style your starting with. There's always someone who will come up and say could you play this? Every event is always different . It's up to you to grab their attention straight from the start. If you do this you won't have any problems as regards to your playlist.

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 7:31 pm
Please do not post the same message more than once.

You already wrote the same thing in the Wedding Day reception thread, just two minutes earlier.

Please follow the forum rules.

geposted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 5:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)