Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bass vibration issue with Pioneer CDJ jogwheels

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

MAVOLIOPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello, can you explain how to map a button on the CDJ to activate and deactivate the jogwheel? During my last event, the CDJ-2000 NXS platters were moving slightly once in a while (due to vibration from the bass), and caused my layered loops to shift and ruin the beat match. So I thought if there's a way to map the jog wheels to toggle on/off on the fly. I got this idea from the nexus series, which improved the needle search feature by making it inactive and will only activate if you press and hold the play button.

And I'd like to ask if there is an update to fixing this problem caused by vibration from nightclub sound systems. Also, is there a difference between VDJ7 and VDJ8 in terms of bass vibration isolation? If you have any solutions or suggestions, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 12:54 pm
Samething happens here with my 850's but it's only when the track isn't playing.

For me I just keep a hand on the platter and that does the trick for me.

Now I know it's not an ideal solution but it works 😜

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 2:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
let me see your jog wheel mapping.

It could be a simple fix like, on a button

toggle 'jwDisable'

and on your jog wheel mapping

var 'jwDisable' ? nothing : jogwheel

Or maybe you could mechanically tighten the wheel, (I'm not sure which HW can do this)

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 5:57 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I still have the same issue as the OP although this was supposedly addressed in build 2003.

Build 2003 (10/12/2014)
vibration threshold for hid jogspeed

I raised it again in this thread - (http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/194865/Beta_Builds_Regression_Bugs/BUILD_2013.html)

SBDJ stated that an updated definitions file was needed to make the feature live.

I don't know if that ever happened. When I tried V8 again with 2 CDJ2000nxs at the club last Sunday the problem still existed for me.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 8:48 am
locodog wrote :
let me see your jog wheel mapping.

It could be a simple fix like, on a button

toggle 'jwDisable'

and on your jog wheel mapping

var 'jwDisable' ? nothing : jogwheel

Or maybe you could mechanically tighten the wheel, (I'm not sure which HW can do this)

Thanks for the tip. I tried it but it didn't work. Maybe I'm not doing it right. there are two keys related to the jogwhweel, jog and jog_touch. do I change the field in those or create a new one? I'm still a rookie with mapping. cheers

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 12:37 pm
It's all good, just went on the chat board with Atomix and they showed me how to map the joghweel to toggle on/off. Hopefully this will contain platter movement caused by vibration.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 1:24 pm
One thing I know for a fact is this isn't just a VDJ problem.

I have the same thing happen when using Serato.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 1:38 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :
One thing I know for a fact is this isn't just a VDJ problem.

I have the same thing happen when using Serato.

Yup... I had the same problems in SSL too.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 1:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)