Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hello,

A few more information and answers to the common questions we're seeing here:

1) This week of ContentUnlimited Audio is free for anyone with an active subscription (meaning, if you just got billed, you will see your next billing happening in 1 month + 1 week instead of 1 month).
If in one week we still don't feel comfortable with the new provider we're setting up, we'll continue to postpone the billings, until everything is clear.
Also, if after one week, when the new catalog is in place, you feel you don't like it and would like to cancel your subscription, we'll refund you the number of days in May that you paid for but couldn't use.

2) To answer some comments: we did know that Grooveshark was being sued many months ago, but got assured by Grooveshark's management that they were reaching an agreement with the labels and that everything was ok. Obviously that was not the case, and we were as shocked as everybody to learn of the outcome today.
We did start to work on an alternative source at this time, but today we are also exploring two other potential partners that we believe would be even better, so we decided to take one week to bring back the best service possible, and avoid any such inconvenience in the future.

3) We are making all these announcements and comments, in an attempt to keep a maximum transparency with our customers.
But the functionality of VirtualDJ and of ContentUnlimited Audio have not really been affected that much.
Within 12 hours of the notification of Grooveshark demise, we released a new version 8 (build 2231) and a new version 7 (v7.4.3), that removed Grooveshark from the catalog and made sure that any search that couldn't find a match in our other smaller catalogs would show results from NetSearch instead.
While the NetSearch results sometimes shows some low quality files among the results, they most of the time will have one or two files that are high enough quality to be played by professionals.
We understand that this is not the ideal situation, and not what people paid for when they subscribed to ContentUnlimited Audio (hence why we stopped charging everyone this week).
But we ask for your comprehension while we put together a new catalog that we feel will be even better than the Grooveshark one.
And in the meantime, we made sure with NetSearch that while it can be a minor inconvenience, it shouldn't have a real impact on your work. (you should still be able to search, find and stream good quality tracks for any requests you get)

geposted Fri 01 May 15 @ 10:24 pm
What bothers me the most is that I've been paying $10.00 per month for illegally obtained music tracks while being assured that they were legal. I'm not as upset over the loss of service as I am the fact that VDJ did not have my company's best interest in mind when selling me CU. My company has an amazing reputation of going out of our way to ensure that everything we do is legal -- and I feel like we've been scammed.

It doesn't shock me, though. And I'll be that a LOT MORE than 5,000 tracks were not legal. Half the time we'd obtain a track and it was total garbage with terrible edits -- like a 5 year old tried to create a "clean edit" from home. And it was getting worse and worse over the past few months.

geposted Fri 01 May 15 @ 10:28 pm
How much longer is the ContentUnlimited going to be down?

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 12:11 am
I'm going to recite the Serenity Prayer now.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 12:13 am
I renewed my subscription, because you're getting a new catalog and I do not want to deal with the 30 second preview from Net Search. Also I have plans soon in buying another subscription for $19.99 a month to get Pro until I can get the full version called infinity. It's just that money is tight, and I have to take one step at a time. I have to soon work on buying a second DJ mixer, because the 2nd one I had, I had to hook it up in the living room. I am glad that Groove Shark is off the catalog and I hope that the new programming we get to listen to at home, will be higher quality. I don't understand why Groove Shark did not obtain their proper licensing, most of their programming was user generated like you said. I am also keep on subscribing not just for the content, but also to be a premium member for a long time. I renewed my membership, and start being billed the second 2nd month of June. I just want to say that I love this DJ software and the quality is good and worth getting soon for $19.99 a month soon.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 2:34 am
I can confirm that the new version 7.4.3 that was just released works with the temporary CU setup

/Klaus

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 4:52 am
abcdj1PRO InfinityMember since 2010
CU is not working in 7.4.2. Any advise?
Will it be?

Is it working in version 8?
I never downloaded 8. It appeared it was a whole new layout and didn't care for it.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 5:52 am
Somebody's not paying attention! :-)

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 5:53 am
Didn't read all the threads. I just realized what happened, and have a wedding today
So no need for the sarcasm.
I'm just asking a question

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 6:13 am
rave_gmp wrote :
netsearch isnt working either nothing comes out

Click the little round options button next to your search field, then "ContentUnlimited Options", and then "Force NetSearchAudio catalog".
You can also navigate to content unlimited > search netsearch in the browser area on the left side.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 6:14 am
@abcdj1, NetSearch works in VDJ8, content unlimited pro (AKA Grooveshark) doesn't at the moment. There's also a Virtual Dj 7 skin in the default VDJ8 setup so you don't have to get used to the new layout ;-)

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 6:17 am
yourlive...Thanks

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 6:45 am
Thank You all so much for the information with the current situation to the issues with the Grooveshark Provider Search among your Content Unlimited Pay Service. Although we all find this an annoyance, some things are out of our hands and must wait for the powers to be to figure out a viable solution. One suggestion, maybe have the live tracks listed in your library as such as to how many times I've found a listener request, in about as many enteries listed, but none were listed as Live and we all know how frustrating it can be to want to play a studio track and once the selection starts playing, realize it's a live copy and at times a bad one at that. Maybe you can have your database manager tag these tracks a bit better so that those using them can get the right tracks out to our listeners. I'm available if a paying gig is. Thanks again and have a great day. DJ DarkGift -Neue Regel Radio.com

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 8:25 am
Wow that's crazy. I decided I wanted to get my feet wet with cloud lists and pulled up a couple but their music wouldn't load. After submitting a support ticket, I got a prompt email this morning notifying me of the situation that it was really content unlimited. I pray it gets sorted out without losing the huge selection of music. I just signed up last month with audio unlimited but glad they are making it good with not charging for the time they work it out.

Good luck team send us an email when it's worked out thanks.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 9:30 am
abcdj1 wrote :
CU is not working in 7.4.2. Any advise?
Will it be?

It's not working in 7.4.2, you need to download 7.4.3 (click on the "My Account" button in your login bar, then click on "My Licenses").

abcdj1 wrote :
Is it working in version 8?
I never downloaded 8. It appeared it was a whole new layout and didn't care for it.

It's working in v8 (in the latest build, but v8 update automatically so you shouldn't have to worry).
The layout in v8 is not that different, and as someone pointed out, you can always use the v7 skin without problems.

We kept v7 when we first released v8, because we didn't want to force people to go for a new engine that didn't have the proven stability of v7.
But it's been almost a year now, most customers already switched to v8, which is now fully stable.
Plus, if you try, you'll probably find that the sound is much better in v8 (in addition to all the new features).

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 9:42 am
Suggestion for VirtualDJ developer:

Actually as I was just playing with it since I redownloaded and now have the latest build of Version 8 and it's didn't automatically fix cloud lists yet. I was thinking maybe if a right click menu item was added to re-search for the content in the cloud list since the content is currently not playing. An example is the virtualdjradio user listed in Cloud Lists. If you choose for example hiss PowerBase cloudlist and click on preview to any of those songs. They don't play but if there was a right click menu to find it from the 'net search' database( or having it copy and paste the title and artist into the search field), then it would be faster in a live production mode otherwise if we like the choice of songs we would have to retype them to do a search to find them.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 9:46 am
ARE YOU KIDDING ME THAT YOUR SOLUTION WAS TO REPLACE GROOVESHARK WITH YOUTUBE FILES???? OMG. I ALMOST HAD ABOUT 10 MAJOR PROBLEMS AT AN EVENT. THIS CONTENT IS EVEN MORE UNRELIABLE THAN GROOVESHARK. I SMELL A LAWSUIT WITH VIRTUAL DJ NAMED AS THE DEFENDANT. GREAT JOB GUYS. REALLY GREAT.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 10:10 am
I have been reading all the posts. I think we should calm down and wait. I am sure VDJ is going to come up with a fix. this morning I tried it again with the update and streaming works whereas yesterday it didn't so well. Unlimited music for 9.99 a month, I am grateful for all the money I saved in the last 5 or so years years. I freaked out about my upcoming weddings and gigs but I am getting the music. Why would VDJ let such a profitable program go, well I am thinking they won't, breathe people.

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 10:43 am
I still have a error message when using netsearch for version 7.4.2 pro basic for audio searching content unlimited . When will the new update be available 7.4.3 pro basic? And 8? I normally use 7 thou..

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 11:20 am
I just paid to get my netsearch turned back on and now I see this. I want my money back right now. I get nothing in my netsearch results. Nothing!

geposted Sat 02 May 15 @ 11:32 am
16%