Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: A little stuck

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
This is a little hard to explain but I will do my best. I am an active DJ with residency in a couple of venues and have been for a few years. I get to DJ pretty much every weekend.

The venues like a lot of Hip hop, very commercial pop and dance music.

I have majority of my beat matching-tapping from bass drum, cymbals , drops and 4-8-16-32 phasing etc worked out.

BUT i'm getting a little frustrated with myself with the basic repetative style with the commercial pop and a lot of the dance stuff.
Verse,chorus,verse,chorus, breakdown then chorus to fade.

I more so concentrate on keeping the patrons happy with the music they like then me being a DJ. If I need to just filter one song out and bring another in to make sure im playing the right song-music to keep them dancing I will . But i'm getting a little bored with doing this and can't seem to be able to find any info on the net and youtube etc on transitioning straight up pop music.

An example is something like uptown funk. If I can bring in a good beat song I can loop at the end of uptown funk where he says funk on 1 loop. then start to bring the other song in looped just before lyrics, drop the bass out of funk then bring the loop back to 1/2 then 1/4 while filtering it to give an echo out then let the loop go on the new song.

But if the song that I know will keep people happy doesn't have a good beat then I have to just fade out = boring.........

Any help- advise appreciated or even a link to video of some cool transition techniques.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 6:43 pm
Have you heard of ellaskins?

He's a DJ who posts many videos on YouTube covering things like this.

There are other YouTube DJs who post similar videos (watch an ellaskins video and the others will surely be listed alongside).

geposted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 12:29 pm
pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Cheers mate I'll have a look for him and see what other's come up as well.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 5:40 pm
DJ NWDMPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey man always push your self man its about the music/experience throw in new twists evein though they are not mainstream I mean this is still Underground, DO IT HOW YOU WANT and own it good or bad the early guys didnt give a crap if anyone liked it or not cause it was from the heart!!

geposted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 2:42 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)