Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2 quick questions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hi everybody

i have 2 quick questions :

1) when i edit a track in the tag editor and lets say i change the color for the track,does this information get stored in the database ?

i am asking because i have a 2nd disk (clone for back up purposes) , will the color tagging be displayed on the 2nd hard drive as well if i play with that hard drive ?

2) i am using the latest version of vdj (2828) and windows 7 .
laptop specs : i3 6 gb ram .
i have noticed ( in previous versions also-actually all of the 8 & 8.1 series-) that when i select the loop out fx ,i dont see the selected area that is looped out.this happens in any skin.

now on my desktop (windows 10 ) i do see the selected area that is looped out.

is it a fault of windows 7 ? i havent done any updates to windows 7 in a while ( about 2 years)

am i missing something from windows 7 (some library or something),that i should have ?

in general my laptops are set up only for audio ( no firewall/antivirus,not needed services are disabled & no internet is used EXCEPT only when updating vdj) and it is running perfect for the last 2 years .

geposted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 12:51 am
1) ensure that you copy the database file from your primary drive to your secondary drive, you should be good.
2) sorry, I don't know bout this one.

geposted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 2:48 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2] something on your win 7 machine needs updating likely the video drivers. [if you're bothered]
*hold on you are using the v8 loop out and not the v7 one?*
My win 7 machine has really poor gfx so it won't display coloured pos waves, [not since 8] not that I'm bothered, it's a tank that refuses to die.

geposted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 8:15 pm
djduda06ControlleristMember since 2014
boa noite uso virtual faz um ano e de um tempo p ca quando carrego uma musica derrepente ele começa a tocar voltando a musica como se tivesse no reverso alguem pode me ajudar pois tenho que desligar e ligar tudo agradeço respostas abcs

geposted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 2:30 am
Sorry, this is an English speaking forum, please try one of our other forums, with a language that you understand, thank you.

geposted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 2:44 am
For the issue with loop out:
It's not Windows 7 that causes the issue since I've been using loop out with windows 7 for a long time and it does display the looped part.
What you should check is if you can see the looped part when you create a normal loop. If you can see that then most likely it's the effect that you're using.

There are "two" loop out effects.
One for version 7 which is "lookout" and one for version 8 which is "loop out"
The V& doesn't work properly on VirtualDj 8. So, check on your Windows 7 machine that you use the version 8 plugin "loop out"

geposted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 7:28 pm
i am using the v8 loop out fx ,but for testing purposes i have the v7 flanged loopout also installed.

on a regular loop i can see the looped part,when i activate the fx i do not see it.

so what can it be ?

geposted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 10:27 pm
i also tried it on my backup laptop ( windows 8.1) and also there i can not see the looped part when i activate the loop out (version 8) fx

when i trigger a normal loop i can see the looped part.

i tried it on the default skin (on both laptops-windows 7 & windows 8.1) and other version 8 skins ,but no luck.

have i maybe disabled something in the options of vdj ? or maybe in windows settings ? i can not seem to find something related

geposted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 1:12 pm
It might be related to the Windows theme that you're using.

For example I know that with certain Windows themes, it's not clear in VDJ which audio options are selected because the "tint" becomes much less obvious.

geposted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 9:14 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)