Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: behringer studio 4a freezes mid song

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I suppose the title says it all!

My behringer studio 4a all of a sudden has decided to freeze mid performance for a second or two. My laptop i5, 8gb ram only runs VDJ 8.2, firefox and itunes. its fast and clean.

Any ideas guys?

thanks in advance.

DJ Gaz

geposted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 2:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Stopped responding for a couple of seconds and then came back on its own ?
Did you have sound drop during that time as well ?

The USB cable would be the first thing i would try to change.

Other than that, there have been reports (almost a well known issue) that voltage drops (even for a few msec and Volts from a unit that consumes lots of power when starts up) could be blamed as well.

geposted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 11:09 pm
djdad wrote :
Stopped responding for a couple of seconds and then came back on its own ?
Did you have sound drop during that time as well ?

The USB cable would be the first thing i would try to change.

Other than that, there have been reports (almost a well known issue) that voltage drops (even for a few msec and Volts from a unit that consumes lots of power when starts up) could be blamed as well.

No change on the sound prior or after the drop. It just stops, the decks stop spinning, its like a pause for a second

First thing i did was change the USB and power pack. Today I tried at home and it did it again, only things running from that power input.

Totally baffled..

geposted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 8:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is the Behringer Studio 4a a USB powered unit ?
Any chance to try with a USB powered hub ?

Btw, while this was happening , you also got a "freeze" on the GUI/skin ? or just on the controller part ?

One other thing that you could take a look is the settings that Windows provide to turn off USB ports when not used to save power. The setting should be turned off. From Device Manager, right-click on (all) the USB hubs->Properties, it should be on the Power Management tab

geposted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 8:49 pm
thanks for the reply.

it has its own power supply, so not reliant on USB.

It paused everything. The skin just stops for a second or two. I initially thought it was a power issue on the laptop and could be as its happened when i used a smoke machine. So I tried on my back up laptop (brand new Lenovo, 8gb ram, i3) tonight and it was great for around 4 songs then boom, every song at least once it hung.

Pretty frustrating.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 7:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)