Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: High energy Opening set

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello fellow DJs, i'd really appreciate some music suggestions. Its for a wedding opening 10-15 min set before souper. It has to be high energy and get everyone going. I would normally mix it up with say a pitbull, don't stop the party, a motown, etc. Any suggestions?

geposted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 9:20 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Could you explain "It's for a wedding opening 10-15 min set before souper?"
Assuming you may have had a small typo with the word "supper" then it sounds like you may want the suggestion for the first song to be used as you are introducing the wedding party followed by Bride and Groom?
Is that correct?

geposted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 12:31 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
ask the bride and groom what songs they want for their intro

geposted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 3:18 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I would suggest that you download one of or all of the wedding CloudLists. If you listen to all of those songs or already know them, it's a good place to start. Do a bit of google searching for fun party songs. There are loads of lists there.

Also, it's kind of hard to answer your question really. We don't know where you live, what country, what the crowd is like in the area that you are working, if there is a specific ethnic group involved, is it upscale, down home, country, club crowd, primarily adults, kids, gay, straight, etc. All of that plays into what type of music would be appropriate to your event. Some of it matters, some not so much. However, it all helps to calculate into what kind of music you should be playing. Not just for the opening, but for the whole night. Pseft is correct. You really need to discuss with the bride and groom what they want.

What kind of music do they like? Are they younger? Older? Somewhere in the middle? What do they do for fun? Are they club kids? Wine sippers? Do they like piano bars? I'm not sure you want to ask them all of those questions, but having a generally good and friendly conversation with them about what they want can give you some ideas.

I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for, but each wedding is a little different. More so in different areas. And more yet in different countries and regions.

Cloudlists:
http://www.virtualdj.com/cloudlists/index.html

geposted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 4:39 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)