Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Novation Launchpad

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

wblairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Is the Novation Launchpad RGB natively supported in VDJ 8.2?

Thanks,

Dale

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 5:02 pm

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 5:05 pm
Thanks... It looks like it is not supported.

Dale

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 5:15 pm
hey Dale,
which launchpad do you mean?
if you mean the Launchpad Mk2, it is supported, but it has'nt been updated for 8.2 yet.
best
ray

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 5:27 pm
Is the Launchpad RGB and MK2 the same device?

I'm currently using a Pioneer controller and would also like to use a Launchpad to play audio/video samples.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 5:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Launchpad RGB is the MKII, and it is natively supported

@raypitman. What exactly do you expect as update in version 8.2 for this unit ? You dont expect to see all 64 pads on the skin/screen, right ?

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 5:49 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Why not, 8pads 4params 2padpages * 4 decks and you've used 56
even 16 shifted/pads * 2 decks you've used 44.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 6:09 pm
Its not a matter of saving buttons, using pads is mostly used to see on the skin what is assigned, and since the default skin (and the Pads Editor itself) only shows 8 Pads per deck, you will not be able to assign all the unit's pads as "pads" so you will end up with 16 pads showing on the skin and the rest 48 to not knowing what they are assigned as.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 7:08 pm
Since I already have a pioneer controller and a mouse to control play, stop, loop, etc., I am looking to use the launchpad to load audio or video samples. The launchpad has 64 buttons that I would like to have assigned to load 64 diifferent audio/video files. Is this easily done or should I look for a different solution?

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 8:56 pm
http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Novation%20Launchpad%20MKII%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf
Page 5
The Launchpad MKII already has a pre-defined page to trigger up to 64 Sampler per Bank. So what you are after is already there.
However, keep in mind that fitting 64 Sampler SLots in the Sampler Browser area may not provide the necessary info (the title may not even fit there), so you would need probably a skin with much larger Browser or a custom skin to send the Sampler view to a secondary monitor.

But still, you could use any smaller unit, and have your Samples split in Banks with the amount of Samples that your unit can trigger. E.g. a DDJ-SP1 with 16 pads could trigger 64 samples if those split into 4 Banks.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 9:32 pm
hey slow down guys, I've just got home and have a wedding gig tomorrow.

@ Dale, yes it's easy to do that with the launchpad Mk2, it's pretty perfect for launching samples, you just need to put the samples into a bank(which you can change at will via the launchpad) and away you go. fyi I use mine in conjunction with a Pioneer WeGo.

@ DjDad, no I don't expect to see all 64 buttons on my screen, that sort of defeats the object of having a controller, I'm just trying to avoid using the mouse/keyboard so much and would prefer to have the pads page shown on my launchpad. Since the pads page(s) is very new, that's what I mean when I say it hasn't been updated. Sorry for the confusion.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 9:35 pm
Ok, in next update (will post here when available), a 4th Page is added to the default mapping to offer control of the Pads section of VirtualDJ default skins

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 4:19 pm
@ djdad
oh yes, that's more or less exactly what I meant, I'm looking forward to try it out. Thank you.

geposted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 12:46 pm
looks nice. Is it also available for the launchpad S?

geposted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 1:33 pm
@djdad... Nice! Thanks. I know you put some time into this.

geposted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 4:36 am
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So I am wondering if this works as a stand alone controller of can you use it WITH your controller?

geposted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 5:49 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Both, the default mapping is probably just serviceable for mixing, if you're use to using a keyboard mapping, and you're handy with the pad pages, but it can take some time to customise it to allow more creativity

and yes it has 3 blank pages so you can customise it to have anything, have all 4 pads laid out,

actually take a look at the manual if you're interested it what it does out of the box

http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/novation/launchpadmk2/controls.html

I will say the lights are a bit of a chore to set,

geposted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 6:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)