Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: vdj8 with new laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have been using vdj8 with my lenova laptop for a while with no issues but I recently changed to a HP Laptop and when I use it with vdj8 and my controller after a while I get a buzzing noise and have to close vdj8 and turn it back on this can happen on many occassions during a gig. I have tried 3 differant controllers with the laptop all with the same results. is it something to do with audio settings on the laptop? any all help would be great as I am pulling my hair out over this. I have reinstalled VDJ and controller drivers but it is still the same.

geposted Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 11:40 am
Which controllers? Which version of 8 and build number? Are you using ASIO drivers? Which version of Windows? Are the intervals the same or random; after an hour, two hours, sometimes 20 minutes? What are the specs of the new HP?

geposted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 2:13 am
Running Windows 10 on HP Laptop 8gb Ram and VDJ8.2 but had same issue with VDJ8 It happens every now and then with different time lapses between incidents.

geposted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 10:37 am
I am using 3 controllers 2x American Audio VMS2 and a Denon MC 4000 which all work fine with my other laptop.

geposted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 10:38 am
The most common cause of buzzing with laptops is the power supply. Try running on battery power and see if the buzzing still occurs.

A quick solution to the above is to employ a GLI (ground loop isolator) on the audio output of your controller.

geposted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 2:05 pm
I thought about the power supply, but if it is faulty, rebooting should not make it go away. Have you tried a different USB cable, USB port, for your controllers? You say when you use controllers, does it happen without the controllers?

geposted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 8:03 pm
It doesn't have to be faulty to cause a buzz through an audio system. However, it's more likely to be constant if that was the issue. If it comes and goes - not so likely.

geposted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 8:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)