Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: b3409 Problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I installed the last 2 updates. These problems are happening. Last used effect in on top and on when opening VDJ 8. My ONINIT is set to "LoudMax". It no longer works, but is still mapped to.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:13 am
Pioneer SX2 by the way. I have many effects mapped to the Sample Pads. Occasional problems there too.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:23 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What exactly is ONINIT mapped to, since just mapping it to

loudmax

will not do anything as that isn't valid script.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:27 am
deck 1 effect "loudmax" active & deck 2 effect "loudmax" active & deck 3 effect "loudmax" active & deck 4 effect "loudmax" active

Worked up until recently. At startup.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:29 am
It works fine here...

BTW: You better change your script to the new V8 way:
deck 1 effect_active 'loudmax' & deck 2 effect_active 'loudmax' & deck 3 effect_active 'loudmax' & deck 4 effect_active 'loudmax'

Not that it will have any impact on your current issue, but V7 syntax will get deprecated at some point.

PS: If you use a custom mapper on your SX2 (which as it seems you do) and the FX1_1 knob is mapped as effect_select (old mapping) then yes it's possible that the knob resets your effect.

Read the explanation:
Upon initialization of the device, the ONINIT actions are executed first.
Then VirtualDj asks from the controller to report all it's knob and fader positions back to the software.
The controller starts reporting the positions and VirtualDj executes the associated actions.
For instance, the controller reports that volume for deck 1 is 22%, crossfader is on 73%, eq_low is on 50% e.t.c.
VirtualDj uses this info and sets the mixer on screen.
Same rule applies for FX section.
The only catch here is that the "effect_select" command used by FX1_1 (and FX2_1) knobs will cancel the previously activated effects when they are used.

The latest official mapping of SX2 does not use the FX1_1 and FX2_1 knobs anymore to select effects. Therefore your effects activated ONINIT will not be canceled because of the knob position reporting.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:50 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)