Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Adding Text To Video - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Dear VDJ Team....
While Djing with video, to add a shout out via text, it is too time consuming to add it to a video by having to use the editor!

When text was part of the effects drop down menue, it was much faster and an on the fly type thing.

It is cool that you can customize it much more, but could you please add back a drop down effect text option?

Thank you!

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 4:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's still there. (Visualisations -> Text) in the effect drop down.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 6:36 am
also check out the TellyVisuals plugin available in the 8 add-ons for video effects

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 12:20 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm going off Tellyvisuals and Tellymedia.
There not that useful when a DJ is under pressure to get things done quickly.
Also I made the required donation to Don to gain full software functionality a couple of months ago.
I have just received an email requesting more money.
I would have thought he would at least wait 6 months.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 1:01 pm
The email was automated and I was a bit worried it might offend someone recent. That is the first time I have ever asked and I don't like doing it and I just asked you to consider it. A lot of new features are being added to TV Plus. Recently added several. More coming almost weekly.

Image preview has been added for incoming text. Twilio added, Twitter almost done, Instagram next. Then DJ Alerts. DJ Alerts will allow for quick text to screen with fancy features.

I have been trying to get NTV (new TellyVisuals) ready and a lot of ground work has been done for it. A complete rewrite of TM and TV. I have realized though, it is taking me a long time so I have lightened up and started add more features to the existing TM and TV.

I think many are satisfied with just basic functions and low end but that is not my thing. I feel for you sometimes grasping for just anything as long as it is does something :) There is a longer term goal to all this. The easiest thing for me to do would have been to just walk away. All you need to do is participate and ask for things and be part of a solution. The fact is I have to work for a living like most. Donations help me stay on target with the plugins.

If you think I have slighted you in any way, I will be happy to give you a refund.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 6:34 am
I would not take any money back from you Don. You deserve the donation.
I most likely will donate further in the future.

The automated email was a mistake.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 9:29 am
I took a breath before responding Ron :) On problem that occurred is for about a year and a half we were not able to discuss TellyVisuals Plus here in the VDJ forums because there was a matter of a donation involved. We essentially we could not talk about Plus features here.

So a lot of the discussion happened in the facebook group but that left some out that don't use facebook. I am very proud to be associated with many of the people in the group. As a DJ, I know you can be very busy being a DJ. I think it is pretty impressive what you all do tying it all together.

DJ Alerts is something I almost put up over a year and half ago. Thiey are high quality text and image designs that should help you get more attention and easy to launch.. The reason I stopped working on it back then was for a couple reasons. A big shake up, people leaving, I am left to decide if I need to stay with this or move on. Those are the little reasons though lol. I very much want to do this thing. I have a vision of what it should be and I get feedback from a large DJ group. I started rewriting TM and TV some time ago. It is just taking me a long time. I had wanted to wait for NTV before I really let alerts go wild. I know that is taking too much time and that is the reason I am improving things now so I can also do things that you need me to do.

The donations help a little and maybe amount to like 50 cents per hour. for my time. I like the donation thing for 2 reasons. 1) It helps me a little 2) I want you have say so and want you to feel some ownership. I keep very accurate records of everything and it I see the donations as investments for you. I figure we are all in this together and I can't do it alone. Most of my work career was in the area of multi-media entertainment... You all are a diverse group in that field... perfe... we are a good match...I work 24x7 and I am always available... I have gone to great lengths for people who have donated 20 dollars. I don't mind doing it. Sometimes I need some help too. You can ask me for help anytime...

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:39 pm
bigron1 wrote :

There not that useful when a DJ is under pressure to get things done quickly.

I use TellyVisuals every night and have managed to save a ton of time using it just by keeping a notepad open with pre-typed 'happy birthday/anniversary/congratulations' etc where I just had to copy and paste into Tellyvisuals after adding the names
and prepared layouts to load at the beginning of the night or on the fly when I need to display extra info saves time too.
even just typing the info in it appears on the screen in real-time - right then and there when the customer/venue needs to see it.
just curious as to how it would take up too much time?

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 7:58 pm
Responding to requests takes most of my time.
Tonight I went out with flu doing disco.
I probably got around 50 song requests tonight plus other things like a raffle, and buffet.
It takes me all my time to smoothly integrate the requirements.
I don't know what their going to want from me..and I like that !

Tonight I got a little more education..I forgot about the Smiths.
Just more to learn.

That notepad tip is good.

geposted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 2:25 am
..maybe 25 requests, anyway a lot.

geposted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 4:02 am
I find the text plugin in visualizations easy to use and don't have any problems. I also love TellyVisuals and TellyMedia. I find it very easy to use, and appreciate all the hard work that Don does. The donations that I have made gave me more than the address labels I get from other donations. Keep up the good work.

geposted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 9:16 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why Don's work has never been fully integrated into VDJ is beyond me, he listens to his users and through that is continually updating and developing the way the plugin works and has the future of the way it needs to be developed all set out for everyone to see.

At the same time he lets the users know exactly the state of play in it's progression. Unlike Atomix who still hide behind the antiquated response of "we don't discuss future development of anything" even when it's already out in the public domain, leaving users totally in the dark as to whether the dead pool of the request forum is even worth contributing too, even the simplest of requests are hidden behind the veil of secrecy, which gives the dev team carte blanche to either work on a request or totally ignore it without publicly giving away exactly what they have decided to do with any or all of the requests that have been submitted.

Surely having a public forum for requests nullifies the old response of "we don't discuss..." your competitors are already looking at the pages!

For me Atomix need to get Don on board (or someone else) with his undoubted capabilities either by retainer or salary and get things moving on that side of the software.

And all of the above comes from someone that hasn't even installed the plugin, but saying that, I can see the excellent work that Don has done and I truly believe he would be an excellent addition to the current dev team.

Before anyone replies, I have a thing about third party plugins when playing live no matter who makes them.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 9:54 am
Third party?

It's the old "if it can go wrong then it will" thing.

Speed of response by a DJ is critical, simple and clean hardware / software platforms help.
Pioneer, Serato and Atomix understand this well.

..however if my Akai sub controller stops working..so what?
I can continue using my main controller!

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:56 pm
Telly is actually what saved 8 in my opinion.

Sure v8 was good on its own but with Telly it becomes so much more!!

Only wish there was a Mac version ;-p

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 4:09 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Agreed! A Mac version will open up a whole new pool of donors Don :o)

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 6:09 pm
Donations are not much of an incentive. I mentioned above it amounts to about 50 cents an hour. Some think I should add more and more features forever based on a 20 dollar donation.

About a year and a half ago the rules changed and no one was allowed to talk about plugins that might cost money in these forums. Prior to that 2 companies had already left for all intents and purposes. Recently they lightened up on what you can talk about here.

I have started rewriting all the code for TM and TV and underlying libraries. This is to create a new app / plugin called NTV mostly. While doing it I am making the code portable. I also continue to update the current TM and TV which I was trying to avoid to give me more time to work on NTV and working on NTV is what I love and want to do. More time is taken away since I still have to earn a living with things I get paid to do.

NTV will not be put up on a donation basis. It will cost money which I have not yet determined on how much. Current donors will get a very favorable discount depending on amount you have donated. I respect that you have chosen to support me and for that there is great appreciation.

NTV will get done or I will die. Whatever comes first. I do not care if anyone buys it or not. You have to know I am very committed otherwise I would not be here.

Since NTV is taking a long time to do, I have decided to update the current TV and TM Plus versions more. I need to do some of the updates for NTV anyway and in this way I can give you more features and have that code ready for NTV.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 9:12 pm
dj5826 wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Agreed! A Mac version will open up a whole new pool of donors Don :o)

Yeah, more money, more problems. Some times it's not worth it. It's better to be great at one thing, than mediocre at several. Ask Michael Jordan how that baseball thing worked out. I appreciate your commitment, and look forward to your new plugin.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:20 pm
Point taken but I believe thats for Don to decide, not you ;-p

geposted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 12:56 am
wanna trade residency?

1k+ capacity
predominantly country - must have encyclopedic knowledge of every decade from the 70's to current top charts
must be able to mix all genre's of current top 40 with main focus "party" hip-hop (old school and new), R & B, EDM/trap/dance/pop video and audio within a VERY short set limit 15/30/15/10-15 depending on whim of management while working lighting (Elation lighting software), hazers, and confetti air cannons, AND while taking requests (can range anywhere from none to 2 pages worth - the most requests are usually when management is sticking their own 2 cents (shillings?) in to the pile) managing birthdays, and while keeping security overwatch over entire club.
oh.. and you are pretty much 'required' to play 'every' request if we have it...
no pressure and the pay is crap but the area cost of living is pretty low and you have almost a guaranteed customer base because of the army base next to us.

may need to emigrate tho... LOL

I'd love to do a swap for awhile.
Most of my clients are very nice.

I like the sound of country.

What's wrong with 50s and 60s ?

Why was this post elevated so I can only now read it?
That's long after it was posted?
Anyway it's not important.

geposted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 2:05 am
I leveled it up due to some local prying eyes - competitors - who are NLU, LE, and lower level pro user's (including one who is currently trying desperately to worm his way in and who has managed twice now to damn near empty the club on a busy saturday) and the others who don't need to know that I actually am looking for a replacement dj but there really isn't anyone local I would trust to keep the place going. it's been my home for the past 18 years and if I am going to leave then I want the employees that I care about to still have jobs.

geposted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 2:22 am
91%