Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: DJ Patterns 8 - Page: 3
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you use Dropbox to mirror your Virtual DJ set up, playlists, folders and history, then chances are you've moved history from Documents/VirtualDJ/History and now DJ Patterns isn't up to date.

I am using a batch file to COPY everything from dropbox to the C drive/Documents before opening using ROBOCOPY.

Here's the code I'm using:

start /b /wait "" RoboCopy.exe  "D:\Dropbox\VirtualDJ" "C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE\Documents\VirtualDJ" *.* /E /COPY:DAT /DCOPY:T /PURGE /MT:8

start /wait "" "D:\Dropbox\DJ Patterns 8.exe"

start /wait /b "" RoboCopy.exe "D:\Dropbox\VirtualDJ" "C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE\Documents\VirtualDJ" *.* /E /COPY:DAT /DCOPY:T /PURGE /MT:8

This tells Windows to copy your VirtualDJ folder from the dropbox to the normal default C drive location, and only copy stuff that's been updated or changed, THEN open DJ Patterns (which I also store in my D drive in DropBox) then run the copy again when closing DJ Patterns.

The last line of code isn't really necessary, it just tells the system to make an updated copy again when I close DJ Patterns, usually at the end of the gig.

geposted Sun 15 Dec 19 @ 1:09 am
Hello,

I love DJ Pattern 8!
I can no longer imagine doing my job as a DJ without this app.

I know the question was asked 2 years ago, but maybe things have changed since ...

Would it be possible to have DJ Pattern 8 in Mac version?

(it would allow me to switch from a Windows PC to the new Mac with M1 chip and that would be fantastic).

Thank you in advance for your answers

geposted Wed 17 Feb 21 @ 9:02 am
this can not be downloaded the website wants you to do it withing virtual dj but it doesn't show up there

please fix this issue with tools

geposted Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 11:24 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please fix me 😊

geposted Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 12:29 am
Hi, this tool sounds amazing where can I get it please?

geposted Wed 22 Feb 23 @ 6:15 pm
Looks like it's withdrawn as it's no longer compatible with the newer versions of VDJ.

They had a clear out of old plugins some time ago.

geposted Wed 22 Feb 23 @ 6:30 pm
I believe that due to plugins now being downloaded from within VDJ, standalone apps were deemed unsuitable for that system so just got dumped.

Best get in touch with PachN directly.

geposted Wed 22 Feb 23 @ 8:26 pm
Hello everyone,

I love DJ Patterns 8 which I use all the time (thanks PachN!).
But since the last version of VirtualDJ (2023), it no longer works.
And the reason is quite simple.
DJ Patterns 8 looks for histories in the User/Documents/VirtualDJ/History folder.
However, in the 2023 version, the VDJ folder has been moved and it is now in
User/Appdata/Local/VirtualDJ/History.

I found a workaround which is to make a copy of VirtualDJ's History folder and put it in Documents.
It works, but it's not a terrible solution.

Does anyone know how to modify the .exe of DJPatterns8 so that it looks in the correct folder?

Thanks in advance to whoever finds the solution :)

geposted Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 10:43 am
Hi folks,

been not here a while so need to get on track.

I need to get to know why the addons where cut off like that in V2023.
Anyway, I try to update that plugin/ programm, if I can find the sources... Thats the main problem. Besides time...

geposted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 11:40 pm
Atomix decided to only make plugins available directly through downloads in the VDJ software, so that they could download and install easily.

Unfortunately any addons that were standalone programs could not be downloaded and installed that way, so they were just dropped completely (rather than made downloadable here).

It does seems rather backwards that all the addons which are now integrated into VDJ are still listed as downloads on virtualdj.com (but can't be downloaded), yet all the things which cannot be downloaded from inside VDJ are NOT on the website!

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 8:29 am
Yeah thanks Groovin. Figured it meanwhile.
But as mentioned, fix should be rather simple.
Let me dust of my old HDDs and pray the code is still there.

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 9:55 pm