Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Error during load

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

After the recent update to v.4204 my VDJ has been acting funny. When loading the program in the dock on my mac it appears that the program makes an attempt to load twice. VDJ the program opens fine however where the getstatus/browsing field is located its constantly flickering "/Renaming" and and I can't get it to stop. It is driving me nuts. HAs anyone else experienced this issue? Can anyone help?

geposted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 12:26 am
I think the feature for correcting errors in the database.xml has been improved
In that case it's simply the database.xml file correcting itself

geposted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 1:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What kind of folder is selected/focused when you open VirtualDJ ? Is it a normal folder , a Playlist, a Virtual folder ?

geposted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 11:16 am
Clean up missing or deleted files from the database as well

geposted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 5:53 pm
djdad wrote :
What kind of folder is selected/focused when you open VirtualDJ ? Is it a normal folder , a Playlist, a Virtual folder ?

Virtual DJ opens on a Virtual Folder. But in the past it has also opened while on an auto filter folder too.

geposted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 2:16 am
altonbrinja wrote :
Clean up missing or deleted files from the database as well

After several cleaning and a reopen the problem seem to have disappeared for the first time in a week.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

geposted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 2:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most likely this was due to broken links in Playlists/Virtual Folders. VirtualDJ was trying to edit them by replacing the dead links with the ones it found, but due to write permissions could not and was looping. The looping will be fixed in next update btw..
But even if you managed to resolve this, by removing those dead links, its still advised to take a look at the permissions of the /VirtualDJ folders (and subfolders) to all of your Hard Drives and make sure you (User/Admin) have Full Control (Read/Write)

geposted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 2:23 pm
Whats the quickest way to clean up and delete old files?

geposted Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 6:01 am
click the dot above the browser font size buttons as seen in image below then select -> database -> Remove missing files

geposted Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 11:47 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)